MUNE.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

( patience warn thin )

GETTING YOUR WOUNDS patched up by kiri and your grandmother took less time than you expected, but you unfortunately couldn't say the same for your older brother.

deciding to tag along with your younger siblings to the lab of the sky people for your weekly visits to the scientists, the three of you left the village to scale along the greenery and took turns playing a sky people game your father had taught you, called i-spy.

"those blue stripes don't make you any bigger, bro," lo'ak taunted from in front of you, glancing back at your human companion as he accompanied the three of you back to the facility.

"yeah, but i can still kick your ass," spider retorted, entering the building with a grin.

"with what? those little baby hands?" you joked in reply, ducking underneath the door frame as you reached for an oxygen mask hanging off of the bar stationed by the door, fastening the strap around your torso.

the quip earned laughs from kiri and lo'ak, prompting an eye roll from the sky boy.

"yeah, haha, real hysterical, guys," spider flatly shot back as he reached up to pull his exopack mask from his face. "you know what really sucks, though? is you can breathe earth air for hours and i can only breathe your air for, like, ten seconds."

"twenty, actually," you corrected, helping your twin slide the oxygen mask around his neck.

"yeah, monkey boy, that really sucks," kiri pouted with faux sympathy, shooting forward to playfully feign at the boy with a grin. "for you."

you walked away with a small smile as the two began to engage in a lighthearted slapping match, trailing your fingers along the metal frames of the glass walls as you greeted the nearby researchers with waves.

situating yourself against a cleared table, you hung your feet from the edge, counting the scratches and stains indented into the floor of the lab.

"uh, hey."

at the awkward greeting coming from your left, you looked up from the floor to be met with the bashful face of lo'ak, his arms crossed over his chest as his eyes stayed trained on the ground.

you gave him a flat smile, letting a breath pass through your nostrils as your twin sucked at his teeth.

"i just, uh, i wanted to say," he started, pausing to drop his arms back down to his sides, "that i'm sorry... for earlier."