'AW.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

( war against the sky )

FIRE COULD BE seen blazing down on the battlefield, even from your view high within the air. the orange flames were sprinkled seemingly everywhere, punctuated by the daunting destruction of war machines and patches of damaged land.

your gaze traveled across the raid zone, the harsh wind brushing back the tens of braids your hair was folded in to as you guided your ikran through the sky.

"bro, we have got to get down there!"

an involuntary eye roll sprang from your lids at the challenging voice of your twin brother, his ikran moving inches away from your own.

"no way, dad will skin us!" your eldest sibling shot down, his own banshee flapping its way to your other side, sandwiching you between your brothers.

"are you purposely trying to die, or does it come with that stupidity complex of yours?" you retorted, earning an eye roll from lo'ak as he smirked.

"alright, be a couple of wusses, than." he shrugged, his grin spreading further across his lips as he suddenly dove down toward the battle.

"lo'ak!" you shouted, wasting no time in hastily shooting after the stubborn boy while neteyam called out for the two of you.

"get back here, you— ugh!"

you landed on the smokey ground with your older brother in tow and quickly hopped off of panü, in suit of your twin as he darted toward a wildly burning piece of debris.

"lo'ak, wait!" you exclaimed, grabbing your bow from its position around your torso as you took off after the na'vi.

"come on, let's go!" he ushered on just as neteyam joined you on the field.

"lo'ak!"

"this skxawng is going to get us killed one day," you muttered, pushing your legs to run faster over the rough ground.

you made it to the armory section of the area, watching your brother take a large machine gun from the arms of the na'vi manning the station, a smirk adorning his lips as he turned to face you and your eldest sibling.

"you don't even know how to use it," neteyam expressed doubtfully, shoving the weapon away from your face as the boy tauntingly loaded and cocked it.