CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

HOMECOMING;
part two

AS SOON AS THE BOAT docked the land, the girls were off. They ran into the trees laughing as the boys shouted out their names, JJ being the only one sitting back with his feet kicked up on the side panels of the water vehicle. He was the only single person of the group, not that everyone knew that - how that was possible was a mystery still unsolved.

"Jackpot!" Kiara shouted as she lifted up a watermelon, carrying it over to the two blonde's searching through  the bushes. 

"Kiara, you are effing amazing," Renna laughed as she dragged the two over to a bench, watching Kiara smash it against the metal to open it. 

"Holy shit," Sarah groaned with delight as she ate it. Renna laughed as followed the girl's actions, looking up at the sky as it slipped down her throat. 

"Girl, you look crazy," Kiara laughed from beside her. Sarah looked up, red surrounding her mouth as she pointed to Kiara. 

"You do too!"

"Cam, you look like a cannibal right now." Sarah looked at her with wide eyes, smacking her leg with a taken-aback frown. 

"Rei!" She groaned; betrayed.

"Dude! You just got blood on my legs," she laughed, the red tinge of watermelon juice dripping from the handprint. 

"Okay, anyway," Kiara said, eyes staying trained on the blonde she'd seen so little of lately, "so you really got married."

Sarah paused, swallowing the fruit in her mouth with a guilty smile. "It wasn't exactly legal, but . . . yeah."

"Congratulations, Sarah Cameron . . . or should I say, Sarah Routledge?" Renna laughed as she leant down and put her hands on the girl's shoulders, grinning down at the fellow blonde sitting on the grass with her back to the metal bench. 

"It has a ring to it," Kiara agreed from beside her, laughing as she grabbed more watermelon. 

"Rei, if you don't stop, I'll ask about Atticus," Sarah threatened with a smile as she turned around, finger in the air. 

Renna immediately threw her hands up, backing off. "Okay, okay."

"But," she sang, eyes flicking to Kiara, "Am I crazy, or is there definitely something going on between you and Pope?"

"Oh my god, that's what I've been thinking! I know you two have fucked," Renna grinned, pointing an accusing finger in Kiara's direction. The girl widened her eyes, choking on her breath for a mere second.

"Ren, no, no. But, uh . . . like, maybe?" She shrugged, brows furrowed as she narrowed her eyes at the two lightly.

"That's not a no," Sarah muttered, a smile poking at the corners of her lips.