:) chapter eleven

Oct, 23, 2010
Fifth entry.

After a while i was able to walk by myself, Sophia was still walking right by my side as carl was walking a few feet in front of us. "You sure you are doing okay?" Sophia asked as she picked at her nails.

We tried to keep up with carl. I nodded i was a little dazed but my sight was clear enough that i could see the camp getting closer and i could see the birds in the trees and a question that i thought of before crossed my mind again, What happened to birds and squirrels when they got bit? So to take the attention off myself i asked that question.

"What do you think happens when birds or squirrels get bit?" I asked as my feet got closer to carls, I always wondered about that would they turn into walkers and chase you or can their bodies not process that without crashing. Carl slowled down and started walking by my me on my left side and he looked at me with a crazy look with a twinge of confusion.

"They get eaten, Milo." Carl said so easily which shocked me so much, That was not if something that crossed my mind. I didnt even think that the walkers would eat them, I would rather not think that, So i just shook my head at him and looked at sophia hoping she had a better answer then whatever that was, "Its the truth." Carl shrugged as he also looked at her.

Sophia laughed, "Carl! They dont have to get eaten, I think they just turn into walkers. But you know as man eating birds." She smiled i couldnt help but smile as well, She did seem very sweet, I think i could become friends with her, She made me all warm inside i wonder what that means.

Carl clears hes throat, We both looked at him, he smiled sheepishly, Hes hand going to the back of hes neck, "Uh-" He coughed again. "What do you think that happens to them, Milo?" He looked at hes hands and picked at hes fingers like sophia was doing a few seconds ago.

I smiled a big grin, I couldnt help but notice that carl copied the grin on hes face even though he was still facing the ground, I could see the corner of hes face lift up. "I think that they survive the bit- duh anyways um- I think it would be pretty cool to see walker birds flying around maybe they wouldnt eat us or poke us- Im not sure- what would they do? It would be so cool though-" I took a deep breathe in, I kinda get now what carl meant they i talked a little to much, My mouth just goes quicker then my voice but i just love telling people what i love and think its just so much fun. "Walker Birds."

Sophia laughed and that feeling was back in my chest, "Walker birds." She said as she took my hand in her hers and i couldnt help but grin, Carl laughed the loudest and yelled "Walker birds!" He grabbed my other hand and took of towards the camp my hand held tight to sophia as we both ran with carl.

Laughing loudly all the way back to camp, The game of tag long gone and forgotten. But that was okay, I was just happy to be with carl and her.

As we walked back to the camp we saw jim was tied to a tree and shane was giving him water, How odd. I wonder what we missed we werent gone for a long time were we? Anyways i scanned the camp for that black hair of glenns, I didnt see it. He isnt back yet, Was he ever coming back? I hoped so.

"Im gonna find my mama." Sophia muttered as she took one glance at jim, Her hand slipped from my head and suddenly i felt oddly cold as she walked away from us, Carls hand still gripped mine, The warmth slowly going all over my body again.

"They arent back yet." I told carl as he walked still holding hands, I didnt know where we were going but it kinda looked like we were heading towards shane, But lori said we shouldnt go near him. I felt the need to remind carl, but why would he forgot something hes mom said about shane, "Carl-"