Chapter 2

{Kai's p.o.v}
     I was out gathering food because I got bored in the village until I heard what sounded like a loud wave. This was abnormal because our waters are usually quite calm.

     When I approached the beach, I saw an elf lying on the sand. I was about to go help them but they sat their head up and looked around for a second. After a moment, they lay back down and seemed to pass out. As I got right up to them, I realized this wasn't an elf at all. He didn't have pointy ears or fair skin like the rest of us, he was uncommonly tan to be a Vyalian elf.

   All of a sudden, his eyes opened, then he let out some weird squawk. I jumped back and asked "What was that? You act like you've just seen a redcap." His face shone a look of confusion and he kept staring at me as if I had three heads or something.

     "Why are you looking at me like that? You look like a creep." I asked, but he didn't answer. So I asked again, "Who are you?" He looked hesitant. "You tell me and I'll tell you," I rolled my eyes, this guy is getting on my nerves. "Fine, my name is Kaidon. Are you from a different village?"

{Oliver's p.o.v}
      "Um, I'm from Mississippi, it's not a village. Am I still in the US?" His eyebrows knit together like I'd said the most absurd thing in the world. "Is that your kingdom? You're in Lospoiean, home of the Vyalia elves? How do you not know this? I know most of the kingdoms around here and I've never heard of the one you speak of." Nothing's making sense and none of this locuspoin crap is helping.

       "Elves? I'm a human, you know from earth. How did I get here?" Again, he looked absolutely flabbergasted. "I have no idea how you got here. I've been told stories about humans, our whole kingdom hates them. Nobody has seen one in over a hundred years."

    I got kind of frightened at this. How am I supposed to find help getting home if I can't ask anyone? "I really don't want to see someone be killed today so why don't we find a way to disguise you?" "How in the hell are we gonna disguise me?" I thought.
_________________________________

        After a little while of walking, we came upon a hut. It had a cozy appearance. "I can make a potion here to fix your ears and help you blend in better." Woah, he can make potions? That's cool.

        "Here, drink this," he told me. "That looks disgusting, you might be poisoning me." Then he rolled his eyes and argued, "Fine, I'll just let the guards kill you." That made me drink it and it honestly wasn't that bad. "What the fuck?" My ears felt like they were being tugged on. Elf dude in front of me looked satisfied and nodded his head toward a mirror on the wall.

      I went over and looked in the mirror and sure enough, I had pointy ears. This is weird. "Hey elf dude, it worked!" He crossed his arms, "my name is Kai, use it like it was made for." At this point, I'll call him whatever he wants me to. I assume if he can make my ears grow then he could easily harm me if I annoy him enough.

     By the time all of that was over, Kai said that it was too late to travel back to the kingdom, so we had to sleep here. He made a little pallet on the floor for me and I lay there for about 10 minutes and couldn't take it anymore. "Kai, I'm bored. We should play a game. Like never have I ever." He turned toward me with a look of confusion on his face. "What is that?" He asked. "Do elves not play games around here? It's pretty simple. So one person says 'never have I ever...' and then says something random, then you either say 'I have' or 'I have not'." He looked confused but nodded so I'm gonna assume he got it.

      "I'll start, never have I ever.. hmm.. kissed more than one person in 24 hours." "I have not. I haven't even had my first kiss." I was shocked, he's pretty hot. "Wow, okay your turn." "Never have I ever.. made a speech in front of 100 people or more. I have." Damn, that's a lot of people. "I haven't. I'd die, I hate public speaking." "Never have I ever.. pretended to be sick for attention. I definitely have." I bet he hasn't, he's probably perfect. "No, elves don't get sick." What?! That's not fair. "Lucky. Ok, your turn." "Never have I ever.. had a girlfriend. I've had one." Damn "Nope, but I've had a boyfriend." He looked taken aback. "You're gay?" "Yea, is that a problem?" His face changed to guilt. "No, not at all. I was just surprised. We should get some sleep, I have a lot of stuff to do tomorrow.
__________________________________