Chapter 2- Meeting My Caseworker and New Dad

After walking around for a little with Amanda (Doctor Smith), we stopped in the lunch room. "Stella, you are a really brave girl." Amanda said. I smiled. "Not really."  I said. "Well, from what you've went through and what you've told me, you are. I really hope you get a good home sweetie." she said. I felt all warm inside. My mom was the only other person to make me feel this way. I ate my food carefully, so I wouldn't pop my stitches in my cheek. "So, after we eat, are we going to meet my caseworker or something?" I asked. "Yes ma'am. She is really nice, and young, so she will understand you a bit more." she said. 

"Cool." I nodded. "You got over you injuries fast." Amanda said. "Well, you learn how to block out the pain and what you feel, after 7 years of abuse." I said. She shook her head with a disgusted look on her face. "No child should ever have to go through what you went through. It's not fair that you had to live you life in fear." she ranted. "What didn't kill, made me stronger. I think of all this as a life lesson you know. I mean sure this isn't a positive thing, but I am a stronger, more intellegent person because of it." I said. She smiled. 

"That's always a good thing. You are very smart for your age." Amanda said. I nodded. "I'm full." I said. "Okay. I will take care of your trash." she said standing up. She took my trash to the trash can and threw it away. I messed with the fabric on my cast. My hand was all sweaty. Amanda walked back up to me. "Are you ready to go meet Julia?" she asked. I nodded. It made my brain rattle. I sighed and grabbed my water. We walked to the elevator. "Uhm, Amanda, c-can we take the stairs. I don't want to pass out in the elevator. My head is still a little..not okay." I said. "Of course." she said. "Thanks." I said.

We walked down the stairs and down a corridor. It was a overcast out today. I sighed. "Are you okay?" I nodded a little. "Mhm, I miss my mum. This is the first day my mum hasn't made me breakfast and said 'I love you sweetie. Things will get better.' It's kind of unsettling." I said. I could see the hurt and forgiveness in her eyes. "Here we are." she said as she knocked on the door. I read the plaque on her door. 'Doctor Julia King, Child Psychologist, Case Manager.' How wonderful, she is also a counsler. I am sure she expects me to talk about all the time my father beat the living hell out of me. She opened the door. 

I was greeted my a smiling face and a blonde head. "Good morning. You must be Stella, please come in." she said. I smile and walked in. Her office was pink. I smiled. She closed the door. "Good morning Stella, I am Doctor King, but you can call me Julia. I am sorry to hear what happened last night. How are you handling this?" she asked. I sighed. "Fine I guess. I just want to go home and be in my bed." I said. "I'm sure you do. I am sure you know you can't stay at your house anymore, but that is why I am here. I plan on putting you in the best home as possible for you Stella." she said. I nodded. 

"Thank you. So like, why am I here?" I asked. "Well, we have a few families that I think would be great for a 13 year old, and I wanted you to look over their history." she said handing me three folders. I lopened them and looked at the pictures and skimmed the history. "I like the Payne family. They don't have any kids, and they are younger...I want them." I said. "Are you sure." she asked. "Yes." I said sternly. "Okay. I will give him a call and have a meeting time set up." she smiled. "C-Can we call him now?" I asked. "I suppose." she winked. I smiled a little. I didn't want to bust any stitches. 

She dialed his number. She put it on speakerphone. "Morning Julia! Did you find a lovely child?" he asked. I smiled. "As a matter of fact I did. Her name is Stella, and she is 13. Her mother and father have...uhm passed recently. Would you like to come down and meet her?" she asked him. "I would love too! Is it alright if I bring her future uncles? They are over joyed." he said. I heard a lot of excitement in the background. It sounded happy. "Stella is that okay?" Julia asked me. I nodded with a smiled. "Yes, that sounds perfect." she said. "okay, we will be there in like 5 minutes...we were just at the studio." he said. "Mmk, buh-bye Liam." she said then hung up. 

"He sounds nice." I said. "Oh, darling he is the sweetest man you will ever meet." she said. "Cool. Can I go up to my hospital room and get my iPod, phone and glasses?" I asked. "You mean these? They brought them down to me earlier." she said handing them to me. I smiled and slid my glasses on my face. I got butterflies. "Do you want to go to a meeting room with couches and a TV?" she asked. I nodded. She grabbed a file folder and opened her door. I followed her to a nice, colorful room. It had a white couch and loveseat with a nice big TV. I sat down and turned the TV on. I turned it to a channel with Doctor Who on. 

I got on my phone and checked my twitter. I have now 543 followers. I smiled. I heard the door open. "Good morning Liam." Julia said. My heart sank to my stomach. I didn't look at Liam or his friends? I just continued to watch Doctor Who. "Stella, come here." Julia said. I stood up and walked over to them. I looked at them and then it hit me. These guys were One Direction. I swallowed air. "Liam this is Stella Jones, the bravest 13 year old you will ever meet." Julia said. I blushed. "Hi." I said shyly. "Hello sweetie. I'm Liam." he said. I smiled. It was really awkward. My hand started to itch. Liam hugged me. I hugged him back. "I'm Stella...it's nice to meet you Liam." I said after we released our hug. "These are your uncles, Louis, Niall, Zayn, and Harry." he said pointing each one of them out. 

"Hi." I smiled. "Why don't you all sit and get to talking. I have to go make a copy of some papers." Julia said. I nodded. I walked back to the couch where I left my phone and iPod. They all followed me. "So, sweetie, how old are you?" He asked. He knows the answer to that, Julia told him on the phone. "I am 13, I will be 14 on December 5." I said. "That's cool. My birthday is in December too." Louis smiled. I nodded. I felt so loved, but not at the same time. "Do any of you have a pen or something? My arm itches and I can't reach the spot with my cast." I asked. "I do actually." Harry said fishing it out of his pocket. He handed it to me. "Thank you." I smiled. "So, what school do you go to?" Liam asked. "Oh, I was home schooled...so my father would get in trouble for my bruises he gave me." I said. I saw pain build in their eyes. 

"I'm sorry about that Stella. I can assure you that your life with us will be a lot better than your old one." Liam said, as a tear fell down his face. I smiled. "Please don't cry over my life." I said wiping the tear off his face. He smiled and they all hugged me. Julia walked back in. "So, Liam, Stella...yes, no?" she asked. "We all love Stella to death." Liam said. I smiled. I nodded. "Okay. If Liam would sign these papers you can go to your new home Stella." Julia said. I feel like a puppy being adopted from animal shelter. It's quite pathetic, but I know Liam is going to treat me like a actually person not a punching bag.