Chapter 1

3d person POV

"Come on Silco. Don't be a scaredy cat. Just go in there and see if it's safe." Vander said to his friend as they stood at the steps of the old house "are you kidding me Vander? You know this place is haunted." Silco said and stares at the old house "yeah, but think of all the treasures that could be inside. We could actually have a decent meal for once" Vander said and Silco rolled his eyes "fine, I'm going." He said and took a shaky breath as he climbed the steps of the old mansion. The house is one of the oldest houses in Zaun but no one has dared to step foot inside because the legend goes once you do you never step back out. He quickly opened the door to expect something to grab him but no such thing happens. Silco sighed with relief and motioned for Vander to follow him inside "you were right, there are so much treasures here, we're sure to eat good tonight." Silco told the other boy. Just as they were about to go up the stairs, they were startled by a shadow behind them. "What was that?" Vander asked his companion who just continues to stare at the place where they saw the shadow "I don't know but let's just get the stuff and get out of here. I don't like this place." Silco said and instead of some snarky comment Vander only nod his head in agreement. "That won't be happening." A voice from behind the boys said and they jumped at the sound. They quickly turned around to see a young girl with black hair and blood red eyes.

The boys screamed in terror and Vander ran out of the door leaving Silco to fend for himself

The boys screamed in terror and Vander ran out of the door leaving Silco to fend for himself. He began to panic at the mere sight of the girl and not long after he passed out and almost fell down the stairs but the girl caught his arm and dragged him to an old dusty couch. This has been her home for more than a thousand years and she'll be damned if some dumbass kids were going to take her possessions. After a few minutes when she was sure the kid was still sleeping, she began to close the curtains to block out the sunlight as it will be dawn soon and vampires and sunlight don't mix very well. Not long after this, the boy was slowly waking up. He jolted up and looked around at his unfamiliar surroundings as Crimson stood in the one corner watching him carefully. Then it dawned on the boy that he was still in the old house and that Vander left him at the mercy of the girl they saw earlier. His eyes scanned the room until they landed on her "please don't hurt me." He said standing up and putting as much distance between him and the girl as possible "why shouldn't I? You were the ones trespassing in my home" she said getting closer to the shaking boy "I'm sorry we were just trying to get some stuff to sell so that we can eat for the night." He said looking down ashamed and the girl sighed "come with me." She said walking past him and up the stairs. He followed but was still unsure of where his companion was "what have you done with my brother?" He asked her and she gave a light chuckle "he ran away remember? With family like that who needs enemies huh?" She asked as she stopped outside a large room. She opened it and Silco couldn't believe his eyes. The room was full of jewels of all colors, shapes and sizes "you can pick one and only one." She said standing by the door as he looks all around the room "but why? Why are you helping me?" He asked her and she shrugged "it's been a while since I've had guests to entertain. Consider it a thank you gift." She said and he picked up a small ruby "I'll go with this one." He said and she nods her head "good choice. Rubies are quite valuable." She said and he smiled a little "I don't even know your name." He said and she gave a small smile "it's Crimson." She said and he extended her hand to her "Silco. It's nice to meet you." He says as they shake hands. "I better get going. Will I see you again?" He asks "we'll see." She says with a shrug and that was the last they spoke before Silco left. Back at the place where they slept Silco walked through the door to be met with Vander "you're alive?" He asks as he runs to his brother "no thanks to you." Silco said with a scowl. "I'm sorry I left you there. I was scared." He said looking down and Silco gave a sigh "well don't just sit there let's go get something to eat." Silco said which caused Vander to look up at him in confusion "you actually managed to steal something?" He asks with wide eyes and Silco sighed "don't be ridiculous. The girl gave it to me as a thank you." He said and showed his brother the jewel. Vander's eyes sparkled at the red gem in his hand "wow. You actually did it. Tomorrow we're going back there and getting more" he said and Silco took the gem away from Vander's sight "no way. You're not disturbing Crimson any further." He said crossing his arms "you actually spoke to the beast?" He asked and Silco gave him a glare "she's not a beast" he said and walked past him to go to the market and bought as much food as the gem would buy and let's just say they needed a crate to carry it all back "this should last us forever." Silco said with a smile and Vander chuckled at him as they got back home. By the time they got back it was dark and they were exhausted so they just fell on the old mattress that they called a bed and instantly fell asleep.

Meanwhile back at the mansion...

Crimson was getting ready to go hunting for food. Hopefully there's a filthy rich man out tonight. They are her favorite kind of meal. She put on a clean pair of clothes and left

Walking silently, she finally spots her dinner walking ahead as she stayed a few feet behind him and he senses something is not quite right as he picks up his pace and she does the same

Walking silently, she finally spots her dinner walking ahead as she stayed a few feet behind him and he senses something is not quite right as he picks up his pace and she does the same. Turning in an alleyway she decided she had enough and attacked him. Ripping into his neck with her fangs she drinks the blood pouring out of his neck as the man screams in pain until his limbs go limp and he stops struggling against the girl's strength "that was good." She said wiping her mouth with her handkerchief and throws it on the ground, just as she hears footsteps running in her direction. She uses her super strength to jump on one of the buildings just as the people turn the corner and sees the bloody corpse. "Shit. The beast was just here." A voice from below said and that caused Crimson to scoff 'I'm not the one running around with guns and looking to kill a little girl.' She thought as she made her way back to her house. Once there she saw something was not right. Her front door was open and she could have sworn she closed it. Her eyes turned a darker shade of red as she took a deep breath and caught the stench of someone in her home. She instantly ran into the house and caught sight of the boy that was with Silco earlier. "What the hell are you doing here?" She asks crossing her arms just as he was about to open her treasure room and that caused him to jump "Get away from me, you beast!" He said and she glared at him "GET OUT!" She growled loudly and Vander ran for the door again and she sighed.