Chapter 2

I didn’t know you could get writer block after just one chapter… O_O! Anyway I just tried to push forward and get this up, so you better all be happy…… I'm so happy that like 32 people have read this because its more than I was expecting :)

Please tell me what you all think!

EmillyMercy

I looked into the shining eyes of a tall dark figure and gasped as I saw the glint of sharp fangs as he smiled at me. This imposing figure before me was actually a vampire, my mother used to tell me stories about these dangerous supernatural creature and seeing them in the flesh was more than just a little frightening.

I gasped as he grasped my wrist and pulled me into his chest with lightening speed. "You smell even better than the rumours say," he whispered into my ear. I heard the growl behind me just as Sebastian yanked me away from the vampire and Nicholas launched at him with his teeth bared in anger. Sebastian's hand clamped over my mouth as I shrieked in horror, watching my brother's wolf tear and snarl at his enemy was sickening to watch and I could feel my need to throw up rising. Before I even had the chance to gag though my brother threw me over his shoulder and began running towards the forest behind our house, Nicholas close behind after finally killing the vampire.

"Where are we going?" I whisper to my brother. I know he heard me because as a werewolf our senses are heightened and we become more superior to the average human, think of it as having the senses of a wolf on top of what we get as a human.

"To the safe house." Sebastian replied, he didn't even sound winded despite the fact that he was carrying me on his shoulder and running at a full sprint through the forest. The safe house he was talking about had been build years ago by our family in case of attacks like these, but from what I know we had never been attacked before and therefore the safe house has been left empty and unused for decades.

"Sebastian…" I whimpered as I noticed shadows moving behind us at an incredible speed. Nicholas turned and crouched, ready to pounce on the closest shadow. Sebastian began to slow down as we finally reached near the entrance to the safe house.

I watched as Nicholas slowly made his way over to us with his ears peaked, listening intently to all the noises in the forest. It appeared as though all the shadows and creatures chasing us were finally retreating and I let out a sigh in relief.

Sebastian finally placed me on the ground and pulled at a lever hidden among the branches of an oak tree, I watched as the ground beneath the tree shifted and a gaping hole was left in the ground where Sebastian was standing not two seconds ago. I heard Nicholas shift behind me back to his human form and saw Sebastian throw him a pair of pants I didn't know he was holding towards Nicholas, I should probably mention that shifting wasn't good for clothes (or the bank account after needing to buy a new outfit every time you lost your temper and turned all wolfy).

Sebastian then began to slowly climb down the hole into its deep, dark depths. Nicholas came over to me and said, "We need to get out of here quick." I just nodded my agreement.

As I climbed down the hole after Sebastian, Nicholas climbed down after me and closed the hole using a lever that I hadn't noticed on my way down. We were plunged into darkness until a few lights flickered on at the bottom of the hole, giving us some light to make our way down the rest of the ladder. After making it down the rest of the ladder I observed my surroundings and was surprised to find that it was almost like one of those bunkers people go down to get away from hurricanes or other natural disasters. Along one wall was rows and rows of shelves full of canned food and other living necessities. The thing that made it different from other bunkers was the fact that on the other side of the space was a couple of cars facing what looked like a garage door. At first the cars confused me until I realised that they were probably there to help us get out of here and away from the vampires.

"Kisa, grab a bag and start filling it with whatever you think you'll need for the trip." Nicholas said from behind me as he walked to the shelf and grabbed a large duffel bag to pack for himself.

"Where are we going to go?" I asked my brothers as I began packing my own bag, it turns out that the bunker wasn't just packed with food but clothing as well, I just figured it was a werewolf thing.

"We're heading to the pack." Nicholas said and I froze. We were going back? My family was part of the Whitestone pack but we had moved away shortly after my 10th birthday and hadn't been back since my mothers death after I turned 13. Now I was turning 17 in a few days and we were heading back. Technically we were still on pack territory but I hadn't seen any of the members since my mothers funeral.

We continued to pack in silence, each  of us deep in our own thoughts. After what felt like an eternal silence we packed our bags into the boot of the car and climbed in, my brothers in the front with me in the back. Sebastian tapped a button on the dash board of the car and the garage door slowly rolled up and we were facing the long corridor of a cave that I could only assume was the way out. By the time we reached the end of the tunnel I was beginning t think that I would never see the sun again, I mean how long can one tunnel be?!

I watched as we exited the tunnel a few metres from the freeway and immediately got on it and headed West. The sun was shining bright and the day seemed perfect.

It was so deceiving.