Chapter 1 - A strange Appearance

"Sephiroth...what are you doing?

"Cloud."

Sephiroth said with desire.

"You know what I'm about to do, it's your decision whether you want to stay or not."

Ten days earlier.

Cloud is battling Gorgers with Aerith. Gorgers are small yet bothersome creatures. They slither around and pounce when you least expect it. That is exactly why Aerith invited Cloud to help her eradicate them.

"Wow Cloud, swift as per usual." Aerith said in a flirtatious yet jokily voice.

"Aerith if you thought that was impressive it seems you need more training." Replied Cloud.

"Cloud, would it kill you to take a joke for once?" Said Aerith in a dreary tone of voice.

Cloud wasn't sure how to respond so he kept quiet. He isn't the type to care enough. Soon after, Aerith and Cloud moved to the next camp. Their hard work went on until dawn; until they could no longer move their muscles. They were eliminating all threats to their town after all. Well, Cloud was just doing it for the money; which is nothing new. But he couldn't say he wasn't enjoying his time with Aerith. Aerith is the type to become friendly with almost anyone; she is the embodiment of a social butterfly. She's kind, bubbly, light hearted and she can hold her own when she needs to. Aerith's one of the few people who actually make an effort to converse with Cloud. The other few people being, Tifa, — Cloud's childhood best friend and Wedge, Biggs, Jessie and Barrett — Clouds usual companions in battle. Currently Cloud is situated in the Slums of Sector 5 of Gaia, but his comrades (Tifa, Wedge, Biggs, Jessie and Barett) are within the Sector 7 Slums. That is why he fought with Aerith today instead.

When Aerith and Cloud finally arrived home, they were welcomed by the aroma of Aerith's mothers specialty brew. It was a cup of tea made with the lilies Aerith grows in her garden. With Cloud only arriving from sector 7 a couple days ago, this would be his first time tasting Aerith's mothers tea.

"So, what do you think?" Aerith's mother ask's Cloud with a hopeful smile.

"It is um...very sweet".

"Ah that is what I like to hear!" Aerith's mother responds to Cloud in a cheerful tone.

Cloud didn't mean his comment as a compliment, but Aerith's mother took it that way. Cloud is a man of few words, but whenever he does speak up, he tends to leave quite the impression.

"Thank you for the tea, I think I'm going to head out now".

Cloud was about to get up to leave, when he felt a sudden shock of pain in his ears.

"Agh!" Cloud shouted in pain.

"Are you ok Cloud?!" Aerith shrieked.

Cloud collapsed to the ground, barely being able to stay conscious. The pain he was feeling at this moment was unbearable. The ringing in his head and ears would not stop. The agony he felt went on for quite some time, until it suddenly stopped.

"Cloud, are you ok?" Aerith asked once again.

"I'm...not sure."

Aerith and her mother look at each other and nod.

"Cloud, would you like to stay another night? It seems you may be sick." Said Aerith.

"I'm good, thanks." Cloud said, struggling to keep his balance.

"Seriously Cloud stay another night! You shouldn't be-"

But before Aerith could finish her sentence, Cloud was already making his way out the door.

"Fine, have it your way." Aerith sighed.

Aerith knew even if she tried to stop him he wouldn't budge. Once Cloud sets his mind to something it's hard to convince him otherwise.

As Cloud walked through the streets of the Sector 5 Slums his discomfort grew once again. When finally, he collapsed in the middle of the road, as it was too much for him to bear. More and more people crowded his unconscious body, not one person decided to seek help. Except a peculiar man who did not fit in with the Slums whatsoever. As this man carried Cloud's vulnerable body everybody stared in awe. The very presence of this man was intimidating. So intimidating, everybody kept silent.