Chapter 8 - Love may not be so bad afterall

Cloud awoke to the soft touch of Sephiroth's arm beneath his head. Sephiroth had quite the defined arm, but it still felt soft to the touch. Who would have thought that someday he would find someone to wake up next to.

"What's with all the staring? Am I really that irresistible?" Sephiroth was awake, and was observing Cloud for some time now.

"Since when were you awake?" Cloud asked, pretending not to be embarrassed.

"I think that's for me, and me alone to know." Sephiroth said as he ruffled Cloud's hair.

"Ah whatever, let's just have breakfast. I have some questions for you."

"Hm? Why not just ask me now?" Sephiroth asked.

"I don't want you pulling anything while I..interrogate you." Cloud replied.

After some time, Sephiroth and Cloud finished changing and sat down to eat the breakfast Sephiroth cooked up. Cloud had many questions, so he started with the most important one.

"Why did you kidnap me?"

"Haha I was waiting for you to ask that. So, here's the gist; I was interested in you."

"That's it...?" Cloud asked, perplexed.

"As you may have already guessed, I'm not the most rational person. I saw you in Sector 6 on a job and immediately took an interest. So, I thought it would be a good idea to take you back to my place in hopes of getting closer to you. I tracked you down, found you in Sector 5, and worked a little bit of my magic to form a situation in which I could bring you home."

"So you were the cause of my searing pain and discomfort at the time, that's good to know." Cloud said.

"As I said before, I'm not the most rational person..."

"You're more of an idiot than I thought." Cloud laughed.

"It seems my idiocy makes you laugh though."

"Ahem, next question." Cloud cleared his throat as he changed the subject.

"Before Reno left, he said this to me; Do you even know what his job is?"

Sephiroth sighed "Ok, this is a difficult one. Don't be mad, but I work for AVALANCHE."

"What did you say?" Cloud asked.

"Ah please don't be mad at me-"

"Why would I be mad, my friends are the founders of AVALANCHE."

AVALANCHE is a small yet powerful organization of people who go against Shinra. Tifa, Wedge, Biggs, Jessie and Barrett are the founders of this organization.

"Eh? I thought you were a soldier though?"

"EX-soldier." Cloud replied in an irritated tone.

"O-oh my bad." Sephiroth stammered.

"I have one final question for you. What did you say to me that day before you knocked me out?" Cloud asked.

Sephiroth smiled.

"I said; I don't know when, but I think I may have fallen for you."

Cloud blushed and kept quiet.

"Oh look how cute you are~" Sephiroth said, hugging Cloud.

"Ah get off me!" Cloud exclaimed.

It wasn't the perfect relationship, but it made the both of them happy. For years on end, Cloud felt empty. Day after day, week after week, month after month Cloud felt nothing. He saw no reason to keep living on. Yet, something in his heart was telling him to keep moving. Perhaps the voice in his heart telling him to keep moving forward, was so he could someday reach Sephiroth. Now that Cloud had reached him, he knew in his heart, it was all worth it.