Breaking

America knelt over a very small black booklet with a serious frown pressed against his handsome features. His number two pencil hovered over the blank page as his mind searched for the right words to describe his feelings. He finally scribbled a small unfinished sentence against the parchment.

'I really do love Soviet, but...'

The American's eye twitched with unease and he immediately ripped the paper apart with a powerful but silent fit of furry. He hesitantly began again with a deep, sad sigh.

'I really do love Soviet.'

America stared at the book as his mismatched eyes began to overflow with tears. He simply left the small booklet open and left the room to find his husband.

"Soviet?" America murmured softly before finding the huge red being rocking peacefully by the fireplace. "We need to talk."

Soviet's yellow eye jumped to meet America's serious gaze. "What's wrong? What's going on?"

"I don't feel like you trust me anymore." The American crossed his arms while his heart throbbed painfully in his chest. It was hard opening up about the pain and grief of watching Soviet suffer. "I have been nothing but faithful to you, but if I'm left with Russia for awhile, you always ask if I did anything! That hurts!" America's hands bursted into life as his anger and hurt fueled his words and actions. "I want you to put your trust in me and if you can't do that then I'm not sure we should be together anymore."

Soviet winced due to the stinging affect of America's words. His heart was slowly crushing itself into dust as he realized the pain he caused America. Immediately, the Russian's eye dropped to the floor because he had no idea what to say. "I want this to work." Soviet's voice trembled slightly but he quickly took control of his vocal cords. "I love you so much, America. I would do anything for you." The Russian smiled softly.

America blinked and looked closely at his husband's face. His bright, blood red skin seemed to pale lighter and lighter by the minute. "A-are you okay? You don't look so good, my love." America immediately stepped towards his lover to gently feel his face.

"Actually, I..." The Russian blinked and closed his eye for a moment. "I love you." He breathed before collapsing into a breathless heap before America's very eyes.

...

"So...so...so tell me what happened again?" A very confused barista blinked repeatedly as he dried a very polished mug.

"My um husband just died and the police have my house BECAUSE THEY THINK I MURDERED HIM." A red, white, and blue country cried on the very clean bar between them.

"Wait. Wait. Wait. No way they are blaming this on you. I see you two nearly everyday and the way you look at each other nearly makes me sick." The barista rolled his eyes so hard that they nearly fell out of his head.

America nodded softly while tears streamed silently from his face. "Thanks, Eritrea. I needed that." The miserable being sniffed and laid a hand gently on the countertop. His ring glimmered in the coffee shop's warm rays which nearly sent the man into a breathless sob.

Eritrea shook his head and patted the American's back gently. Usually, he didn't involve himself with his customers on a person level, but this man seemed like he had been through hell today. A familiar dingle from the front of the shop caught Eritrea's attention and made his jaw drop. "Sorry if I'm wrong but isn't that your husband right there?"

America looked up with a hopeful twinkle in his eyes and nearly threw up when he saw Soviet walk straight towards him. "SOVI! You're here!? What happened? They told me you were dead?!" Immediately, America flew from his seat to wrap his beloved husband into a tight embrace.

"I'm sorry my love, but I started this new medicine I didn't mention to you. Now, I'm better than ever and Russia is gone for good!"

"He is?" America released his husband and frowned. He didn't want Russia to be gone. He enjoyed the man's company very much when Soviet wasn't around.

Soviet sighed and took his husband's hand. "It doesn't matter. Now we can just focus on us."

"R-right. I guess." The American said hollowly as his husband led him back to their house.

Eritrea watched them leave with a deep sigh. "What a dramatic pair." With a roll of his eyes he began to close up shop, but didn't notice a very bright, blood red man jog furiously past his shop window in the direction of the lovestruck couple.

~~~~~~~~~

WHOS ON A ROLL? THATS ME GET WRECKED

also I hope you enjoy this bc things are about to get even more hectic lol

~ Wordsperminute