ten

Jacaera felt extremely terrible when they received the news that Helaena and Aegon had married. That poor girl. Subjected to him.

She imagined his face on her targets many times. Imagined the ways she would hurt him. It was therapy for her.

The girl was becoming very decent at archery. She had more discipline in her craft than her brothers did; they cared more for the histories than the sword.

Time seemed to pass quickly with little stress. Jacaera's first brother by Prince Daemon was born in what seemed like the blink of an eye.

He was beautiful. And the first brother of Jacaera's to have silver hair like her.

They named the boy Aegon, which would cause some confusion later. Two Aegons. Regardless, their Aegon was better. And a way for Jacaera to associate the name with someone who wasn't awful.

As those in court predicted when Jacaera was young, she did begin to grow into a beautiful young lady. Much deserving of the nickname bestowed upon her.

Her scar was something she wore with pride. To prove she wasn't someone to be talked over and pushed around. It scared off the type of men Jacaera was very happy to keep away from.

A girl that rode her cannibalistic dragon with her mother, the heir to the Iron Throne, and stepfather, the rogue prince. A perfect family.

Seeing Jace and Luke learn to ride their dragons was amazingly amusing.

The first time Vermax had Jace on his back, he flipped in the air and landed on his side. There was a bit of a learning curve for both Jace and Vermax respectively.

"How did you do this without a saddle?" Jace asked, rubbing his back when he was standing again.

Jacaera only smiled at him and shrugged. She would greatly enjoy watching them learn to ride.

Despite what was common in their time, Rhaenyra could not have herself marry Jacaera off the moment she became "of age".

Maybe it was because of Aegon. That innocence had already been taken from Jacaera. Sending her daughter off to some Lord was unfathomable to Rhaenyra.

Rhaenyra hadn't been married that young. And she wouldn't do the same to her daughter. She refused it, no matter what the maesters and others urged of her. Even with the many proposals Rhaenyra received. She wouldn't do that to Jacaera.

When she was older. Showed an interest in it. Then would she consider it. But she wouldn't marry off her only daughter. Many wanted a Targaryen woman for their offspring. Jacaera was meant for more than that.

Besides, as Daemon pointed out, not many of those men who wanted Jacaera could handle her. She had no need to play homemaker to gain a rise in station. She was a princess with a dragon and many opinions.

Rhaenyra feared Jacaera would be terrified to even touch a man. That what Aegon had done would scar her for life.

Jacaera was vengeful, though. Very much so. She had many things to prove and disregarded the rules that surrounded her because she didn't have a cock. She grew more aware of them as she got older. Especially when she was a woman grown.