five

It wasn't the most politically intelligent move. Rhaenyra knew that, she was well aware. But leaving King's Landing was the only way to ensure her own and her children's happiness and safety.

The whispers of the courts got to them. Corrupted them. Viserys couldn't stop it.

He couldn't stop his son from violating Jacaera. And when Rhaenyra's proposal to betroth Jacaerys and Helaena was denied by the Queen, she realized how little Viserys was willing to push. He was the King. Yet he let his wife make the decisions for him.

His only solution was to instead offer that Aegon and Jacaera be betrothed. Rhaenyra would have burned the city before she allowed her daughter to marry the boy that hurt her.

It was clear Viserys didn't even know. Alicent kept it from him, undermined Rhaenyra every step of the way. And with a husband who did nothing to help dispel the rumours, Rhaenyra made the only choice she could.

Move to Dragonstone.

Rhaenyra was the Princess of Dragonstone. She had a right to inhabit the castle there and rule the island. It would keep them away from the Greens that constantly undermined them, it would keep Jacaera away from Aegon, and it would hopefully bring their family back together.

She told her father of her desire and had to fight with him to let it happen. Viserys wanted her at court but was unwilling to see just how bad it was for Rhaenyra's family. Without Ser Harwin, there was no reason for her to stay in King's Landing.

Eventually, Viserys gave in and allowed Rhaenyra to go to Dragonstone. A massive effort subsequently commenced, since all of their royal staff would be accompanying them to the new castle. Their whole lives would be relocated.

Rhaenyra told her children as the preparations were being made. She explained that they would be moving to Dragonstone, their ancestral home, and would be living there for the foreseeable future.

Jacaera seemed to be the most excited out of the children. Because she knew it meant she would be away from Aegon.

Luke didn't really have enough time spent in King's Landing to be sad. He was excited to be exploring a new place.

Jace was somewhat sad, to be leaving everything he knew. But even he had to admit they'd always heard of Dragonstone. It would be fun.

There was bother reason Jacaera was extremely excited for Dragonstone, though. Unclaimed dragons resided there. Ones they knew about.

Vermithor and Silverwing, dragons that the old King and good Queen Alysanne rode.

More, though, there were wild dragons on Dragonstone. How impressive would Jacaera be if she could claim and tame a wild dragon? What better revenge?

That would be her goal when they arrived. To find out from a Maester where the wild dragons were and claim one.

Since the revelation about Harwin, Jacaera had thirsted to prove herself as a Targaryen. To do that, she needed a dragon. How better to show off her Targaryen heritage than claim a wild dragon? Bond with a dragon who'd never bonded with anyone.

Jacaera was very obedient during the process of moving. She even helped pack things they needed. To be away from Aegon was a reward in and of itself.