Draco

Draco's eyes may have been closed but her ears and nose were wide open. She smelled the rusty blood. It's everywhere..She thought. I can't sleep anymore. Slowly she rose out of the bed, opening her purple eyes. The light blinded her for a moment. She blinked rapidly and yawned. She looked around the room searching for the blood source. Again nothing, it was the same dream. Draco got up and walked to the door of her apartment. She peered out of the little peep-hole. Nothing. She shook out hair and went looking for a brush to comb it out. "Ouch" she said as she found a knot in her hair. Draco's hair was silky black with streaks of silver. The silver came from her powers but still she did enjoy the color. Even if it was unnatural. She went back to bed after this, it was just another Saturday and she needed her rest, that dream always kept her awake.

Draco awoke screaming in pain a few hours later. It's that dream again. Every night the same dream. Always in the dark and a violently strong scent of blood. She sat up on her bed. Her eyes adjusted automatically and landed on her alarm clock. 2:34? No, 2:35? Am? She sighed and laid her head back down on her hands. She jumped upright. Something's wrong...but what?...Something's been moved. She gazed into the dark that was her bedroom. A table left the same every day. . .a mess. The chair . . .a. . . clean?  Someone was in her room. She got up cautiously to get the light and crack open the door but was stopped by two hands that hadn't been there before gripping her shoulders.

"hello again . . Draco" the male voice whispered and waited for Draco's reply. "Say my name Draco"

". . .Loki. . ." Draco mouthed. She knew very well who was here. His grip loosened. She turned on the light to face him. His face had changed since the last time he was here. He no longer had  a boyish chin it angled out into a manlier one. He had grown into his nose and his were now blue instead of the black they had always been. He still wore his favorite clothes, the black dress shirt and dress pants with his black dress shoes and the Dark Red Rose on his cuffs.

"Loki" She repeated this time with anger. "you deserted me! Why are you showing up now! Of all places!?"

He stared, and slowly grinned.

"My dear, I never deserted you. I only left for a brief moment in time . . . at least I had thought" He said. "I still love you Draco" He raised his arms and stepped forward. Draco stared and backed up. He eyed her curiously. "You don't care for me anymore?" He asked. Draco gave him the same stare out of curiosity.

"You're not my Loki" she said holding the inquisitive stare.

"But of course I am, ". He inched closer. Draco started to turn but was soon pinned to the wall. "Why do you not believe?"

"Because you're not my Loki!!" She said trying to force her way out of the hold.

"Stop it Draco" He said loosening his grip on her.

"GET. OFF." She said through her teeth. "I know you're not him." She said this time in a forceful whisper. He looked her over.

RIIIIIIIING RIIIIIIIING RIIIIIIIING

Draco awoke with a gasp. She saw him again. Loki but not Loki, it made her head spin. This was the most tormenting dream  she ever had. She got up and changed. She put on a white tank top her black sweater and baby blue jeans, and her converse. She got her MP3 from the kitchen and tuned into her favorite song, "The Sharpest Lives" by My Chemical Romance. She blasted the volume. She sang with the lyrics while she straightened her dark brownish red hair. She took off the headphones and stared at herself in the mirror. The same old Dragon. She thought, but without the curls.  

"DRACO!!!!" someone called from outside the window. "DRA—" They stopped when Draco appeared looking down at them.

"What?" Draco yelled down.

"Can you meet us at the Shore?"

"N...Not right now . . . can I do it some other time?"

". . .um. . .I guess. . . is Loki there?" That reminded her of her dream. . .dreams. . .She thought about that. Was he the one who woke me? Did he call? Or was he the one I was talking to? Or did he answer the phone? I don't remember picking it up, or hearing the voicemail . . .

" I don't know." Draco responded. "Hey, did you just call me?" Draco asked blankly, her mind off in thought as she spoke.

"No, why. . .did the phone ring?"

"Yeah, a little bit ago"

"Can. . . did you listen to the message?"

"It only rang once, so. . .?"

"But did you listen to the message?"  The voice that she had been talking to changed slightly and became more forceful. "Did. You. Listen. Draco!"

"No. I haven't. . .I didn't . . ." Draco said a bit hot-tempered. Not again.