Week at the Kent's Part 1: Do you eat? -Chapter 4

Danny's eyes glance around the apartment. It was small and homey and definitely not what he was expecting from Superman. He turned and looked up as the man walked into the room after unlocking the door. He was now wearing civilian clothes. He had gotten changed in a telephone booth of all places.

Danny on the other hand stayed invisible until they made it inside the apartment. He didn't want anyone to notice the glowing kid with bright white hair and a hazmat suit following a man who strangely looks like superman into his apartment in the middle of Metropolis.

The moment they were in the door Superman put down a small satchel on the open plan kitchen counter and hung his keys up on the key rack. He seemed like a man coming back from a tiring nine-five job. Not someone who could flatten this whole building in seconds and spent half his job in a spaceship in the sky with a bunch of his superpowered friends. But then again Danny could probably do about the same and he looks like some scrappy malnourished teenager, so who was he to talk?

Danny faded back into visibility and Superman showed no reaction to the movement other than a light nod. He could have probably seen him with his thermal vision the whole time. Danny wondered if it was weird for Superman to see a cold signature rather than a warm one.

The whole walk to the apartment, Superman kept glancing back at him at random times. Almost like Danny floating around weirded him out. Sure Superman floats around himself all the time but it must be strange for someone else to have that ability.

Danny dropped silently to the floor, looking up at the man who was definitely taller once Danny wasn't floating around at peoples eye hight. He didn't like it when people looked down on him. But he liked it less when people were weirded out by him.

Superman started wringing his hands together like he was thinking of something to say. It almost looked comical the way a man this powerful was getting flustered about talking to a kid. Danny decided to start.

"So, seeing as I have been forcibly adopted and was not allowed to grab my stuff before I came here. Is there somewhere I can stay? Or do you just want me to float around aimlessly in the living room and make wailing noises or something?" Danny jerked his head in the direction of the couch that was sitting in front of a TV in the room across from them.

Superman sputtered for a second. "I, Uh. Well, there is a room for you. It's the spare room it is sometimes my office for work. You can stay there if you want..." He paused. "Are you going to be floating around and screaming in the night? Is that a thing ghosts do?"

Danny stifled a laugh. "I mean I can, though my wail certainly packs much more of a punch. No, I'm pretty much your normal average floating dead teenager with as much sarcasm and sass that you can pack into 'this'." He gestured down his body.

Superman chuckled and looked Danny up and down before carefully contemplating his next question. "So this might be a bit awkward." Superman wrings his hands together again. "Do you um... eat?"

Danny shrugged. "Well, most ghosts don't need to eat, but that is because they are absorbing the ambient ectoplasm around them. But a human-zone ghost, like myself. Has a lot less access to it. So I can get energy by eating normal human food. At least until I can gain access to ectoplasm again so I don't fade or something."

Superman stared at him for a couple of seconds. Danny laughed. "The answer is yes I do need to eat food." Superman nodded awkwardly and turned towards the kitchen. Alright, let's do this.

---

Notes

heyyyyyyyy guyyyyyys it's me. Sorry for leaving this for a little bit there. For a story I have so many ideas for I got writer's block. I should NOT have started with Superman, my ideas for him were so bland and I got stuck. As soon as I get through him we should be home free for the others. At least for Captain Marvel, Batman, and Flash anyway. But if you have any suggestions or ideas or maybe even just want to help with the writing, beta-reading, or direct ideas please share!

I'm trying really hard to get this story rolling, I'm sure it can be so much fun and crack once I get the hang of it. Just a bit slow at the moment I hope that no one is disappointed. I shall keep working at it as well as my other Danny Phantom crossovers. Love you all!