So... You Don't Live in an Ice Castle? -Chapter 3

Danny floated back down the hall towards the main room after his emergency call, He had no idea what to expect next. When he entered most of the League was gone already, the only ones still in the meeting room were Batman and Supes.

Batman spoke up. "How was your call?"

Danny froze, how did he-? "I heard you on a call." Superman elaborated, he raised his hands in surrender quickly after. "Don't worry I didn't listen in. I just listened to find out where you were." He then narrowed his eyes at Batman, probably mad about him asking the question.

The halfa looked the Kryptonian up and down, he seemed to be telling the truth. But it was still a good thing that Danny expected to be filmed anyway, you can't not be in a place like this. He made sure not to say any names out loud. But Superman would be able to hear the other end of the call. But he probably would have said something more if he heard the other end.

"The call was good thanks for asking." Danny crossed his arms over his chest. "So are we just gonna stand here or was there something you wanted to scold me about?"

Batman spoke up. "You're leaving with Superman in five."

Danny's eyes widened and he lost his ability to float as he felt his feet hit the ground in shock. "We're leaving right now?"

"Yes."

Danny had not been expecting all of this to happen so quickly. He was at least hoping to grab some of his stuff from his haunt before he had to be whisked away with Big Blue. At least have a chance to tell Jazz what was going on. But no.

"Are you sure I can't just go back to my lair and grab my stuff quickly?" Danny tried.

Batman's expression didn't change. Danny was almost sure it never did. "You can grab your stuff tomorrow."

Danny was thinking of arguing back, but there wasn't really a point. So far all of his points hadn't been recognized, so he assumed this would be no different. "Fine alright, let's go." He could tell Jazz in the morning, that's fine. He'll just send her a quick text to let her know he's okay.

When they walked towards the Zeta beam teleporter he glanced out the giant glass window into the void of space. Man, he keeps forgetting that he is on a space station. He could never get tired of looking out there and seeing that. With everything that has been happening he hasn't really had the chance to go all space nerd and freak out over it. But then again, now he has just been -kidnapped- adopted by the Justice League, he's probably gonna get a lot more chances.

What Danny was not expecting though was the fact that when they left the teleporter they were standing in Metropolis. Danny's brow wrinkled in confusion before he looked up at Superman. The man wasn't surprised they were here at all. "Wait I thought we were going to you're house? You know like the big one made of Ice in the middle of nowhere."

Superman turned to him, confused for a second before he smiled. "I don't live in the Fortress of Solitude. I live here."

"Really?"

Superman nodded. "In an apartment."

The teen raised an eyebrow. "You're telling me that Superman, freaking superman, just lives in Metropolis. I mean I know you are there all the time. But how in the world would no one recognize you?" Danny gestured vaguely at the alien in front of him. "Everyone knows you."

"There are a lot of things people won't recognize, especially if you're not looking for it. Some glasses can make a huge difference."

"You're kidding."

Superman's only response was to continue smiling. Danny put his hand on his hip. "I mean, I guess an apartment is better. I was totally expecting to be floating around an ice castle for the next week. So this is an upgrade."

---

Notes

Hey guys! Next time we get to move in with Clark Kent. Though quick disclaimer I don't know much about Superman lore and personality. I'm gonna try as best as I can and hope I don't mess up any facts. But here we go.

Also, I'm not super happy with this chapter. It was originally gonna be something else. Jumping straight into the Superman apartment thing. But I figured there needed to be something else in the middle so here you go. I'm just gonna post and try not to think too much about it because if I do I'm going to be stuck.

And at the moment I do not have a beta reader. I try to go over this a bunch of times, but I still miss things, please don't hate me.

If you guys have any suggestions for future chapters or scenarios I am happy to hear them. I have gotten some amazing ones so far which I will definitely be adding. You are all amazing! :D