I Need To Make A Call -Chapter 2

Danny rushed further into the Justice League base, he needed to talk to his friends about this. He held his phone up to his ear. The worn-down NASA sticker is still on the back. It rang two times before the other end answered.

"Hello, this is Tucker Foley, or TF for too fine."

Danny pinched the bridge of his nose. "You know it's me, man. You don't have to answer the phone every time like that." Danny paused. "I need help. You with the girls?"

Tucker spoke up. "Yeah, one sec let me put you on speaker." The sounds on the other side of the phone became muffled before they got louder. The phone was presumably placed on a bed.

"What's wrong Danny?" Sam asked. "Do you need us to come and get you?"

Danny sighed and slid his hand down his face. "No... Yes... maybe. I don't know! I just need help." He sounded exasperated.

"I thought you were off helping the Justice League right now." Valerie said. They started getting along again so that was good. Now she would hang out with their friend group and help them on missions.

And Jazz was clearly not in the call at the moment thank goodness. If she was, the moment he said he needed help she would have freaked out and been the first to talk. He would rather tell her in person anyway.

"I was- well I'm... uh." Danny started.

Sam sighed. "Danny what is wrong!?"

"I kinda... got adopted?" He phrased it like a question. There was silence on the other end of the phone, "By the entire Justice League..." He elaborated. Another pause, Danny almost thought he hung up on them by accident.

But that was before Tucker burst out laughing. "Oh my gosh-...-you got -you." He gasped between breaths. "You got adopted by the Justice League!" there was another round of laughter.

"Tucker give me the phone," Sam demanded. He heard the phone moving around before it was brought a little further away from Tucker.

Valarie chuckled. "How did that even happen?" She sounded amused.

"-Adopted!" Tucker called out in the background, Followed by another round of laughter.

"I don't know! Flash asked where I lived. And I can't talk about my haunt. So I panicked and told them that I haunt this small house back home and live alone or something..."

"And...?" Sam sounded amused too. Great.

Danny ran his hand down his face again before rubbing at his temples. "And. For some reason that directly translates to we all need to adopt this dead child and take him home with us each week. Quick we need a meeting so we can decide the custody arrangements."

He could hear the girls trying to hold back laughter at Danny's misfortune. "So you got adopted..." Sam started.

"-By the Justice League..." Val finished.

"Yes!" Danny cried out. "I'm lucky that it's the summer because that is gonna be a hard one to explain. So not only do I have to quote-unquote 'play dead' the whole time. But I have to haunt the homes of the Justice League!"

He could feel Sam's smile on the other side of the phone. "Do we get visitation rights?"

Danny smacked his forehead with an exasperated sigh. "I can't with you guys!" He paused. "Well, I get to go back to my haunt to defend it etcetera, so that is good. I wouldn't be able to leave it for long anyway. They said they are having a Zeta Beam installed so I don't have to fly across the country? I don't know." Danny waved his hand to the side.

"Who are you staying with first?" Sam asked.

"Superman."

Tucker was still laughing in the background. "Adopted by the Justice League-"

"I didn't think he would have had a home," Val said. But immediately backpedaled. "Not like that. But does he even have an identity or anything? I mean how are you supposed to hide the fact that you are freaking Superman!? He doesn't even wear a mask."

"I don't know. But then again, all I got was an inverted color change. So I guess I'm gonna find out."

Sam laughed again. "Good luck Danny. I hope you make it out alive."

"I kinda already goofed up on that bit." Danny smiled.

Val chuckled before speaking up. "Just text us alright? And we are not going to be the ones telling Jazz. So you got to figure that out."

Danny sighed. "Okay, I'll text you guys later, if there are any emergencies just call. I'll get there as soon as I can."

"-adopted!"

"TUCKER!" Both girls yelled in unison before the phone was hung up.

Man, this was going to be a very, very long summer.

---

Notes

Hey guys! Thank you so much, I am so excited to be starting this story. The updates are going to be kinda random. I will post as soon as I have a chapter finished and edited. But I have a lot going on right now and have 16 other ongoing stories at the moment, so there will be a chapter about once every 1-2 weeks. Maybe sooner like this one if I have free time. But yeah we will have to see how this goes. :)

Also if any of you guys have suggestions for scenarios and reactions about people Danny will meet, please tell me. They all give me inspiration and are very helpful when I get writer's block, so anything helps :D

And if you want to just talk about your ideas with me directly, or with other fans of the story, I have a discord server for all my fics <3  It is linked on my Tumblr 'playedcrowd5610' or in the comments here.

Also also, Val is here! I saw in a comment on the last chapter about something that could happen with her, And I loved it! So now she is part of Team Phantom in the story. She now knows Danny's identity and hangs out with them all the time now. Also, Phantom planet never happened in this story so the only ones that know Danny's identity are (Jazz, Tucker, Sam, Valerie, Vlad, And all the ghosts.)