20: Tickets

Jamil

With my legs wrapped into each other on my cushion, my face peered into my phone.i was chatting with Asmau and by Allah she is the person I've been waiting for all my life but I can't wait to get married  but ya Jamal is yet to get married. I wonder if he even has a girlfriend.

I looked at my phone about to send another message to her when i heard a knock on the door. I look at the direction of the door trying to remember if I was expecting anybody but nope, not that I can think of. The knock came again and I shouted come in with my attention still on the door ready to see the intruder. And the least person I was expecting  showed up smiling all guiltily.

"Did you perhaps miss your way young lady". I was being straight and formal.

"Jamil". She called out walking deeper inside knowing fully well what she has done.

"Or are you going home, cause it's not this chamber, it's the next one". I ducked my head back to my phone.

"Stop been sarcastic, you I know I came to see you". He didn't pay attention to her. He ignored her presence completely.

"Are you ignoring me?. I didn't spare her a look.

"I wouldn't if you had remembered me, for goodness sake Nawal, it's been two weeks since you got married and you can't even say hi to me, and it's not like you're living far away, it's the same house just one big compound. I expected more than this". I concluded and the whole room went silent. I didn't say anything neither did she. If I knew her as much as I do she's trying to control her tears and that's why she's quiet.

"Jamil it's not what it's seams, I had alot of things going on in my head right now,you should know me better than this. I've tried to come alot of times but....but the situation wouldn't let me.i......i......". Her voice trailed off. The tears she was controlling were all down  now and if I should let them continue were going to stay like this for a long time . I had to keep away the facade and attend to my crying sister.

"Hush, hush.its okay. Am just joking". I told her and pulled her into my arms for just a little while before pulling her. She was mahram but I couldn't keep her in my company for too long.

After she was done with her crying and had only shrills coming through. I decided to ask what's going on.

"Nawal,are you okay". I said looking down at her small frame sitting close to me.she rose her head slowly to look at me while I gave her an assuring look. For a moment it was like she was battling with her heart whether to tell  me her problems or not.

"Don't worry you can always tell me". I said holding onto her hand.

"Jamil..... jabbar is......is.......". She asked and her voice broke. I just knew it. Jabbar had something to do with it.

"Just calm down and tell me what is it". When she was calm .she told me everything that has been going on and I was shocked and awestruck at her confession. She was going through so much.

"What rubbish. I'll have to tell Mai martaba about this. How can he be pretending outside and then a beast Inside". I was already up ready to go and meet Mai martaba when she held me back.

"No Jamil, asmau has ready given me a piece of advice which I believe would work , so I don't see any reason to involve Mai martaba".

"But........"

"No but Jamil. I can handle it and if I can't, I'll inform you". She said and flashed a weak smile like she wasn't the one crying few minutes ago.

"Are you sure". I asked sitting down back next to her.