17: confusion

Few hours ago.

"Make sure he doesn't get conscious, am very sure the ship would be far away from here by now". Jabbar said to the person on the phone.

"Yes, it is sir".

"That's very good. I'll call you later to get the remaining information".

"Make sure he doesn't get back to Nigeria". Jabbar said and disconnected the call. He turned and saw Mai Martaba standing by the back door.

He tried to speak but was stopped with the look of anger in his eyes.

"Mai....... Mar...Mar taba". He tried to say before Mai Martaba slapped his face. jabbar rose his head  to look at Mai Martaba. He just did something he has never done before.

"What has this sweet girl ever done to you that you are hell bent on making her life miserable. I know what you have done and am not interested in knowing, why all I know is that you should bring back Anas this instance". Mai Martaba said with anger in his eyes.

"Am afraid that is not possible. He's already too far away from Nigeria". Jabbar replied with his head bowed down. He dare not look up after what he has done.

"In that case you'll marry her".

The force at which jabbar's head rose was so quick and would have caused him a sprain on his neck.

"What!!!!. He looked straight into Mai Martaba's eyes.

"Yes, you'll marry her".

"Is it even possible, she's my sister".

"She's not your sister get ready and go and meet the imam."

Jabbar looked at Mai Martaba's retreating figure untill he was out.

He planned to take his revenge at her for what she did few years ago but now his plan has back fired. He went to the mosque and when he saw the anger in Mai Martaba eyes he knew he was disappointed in him. He sat close to the imam ready to take a committed he would regret for the rest of his life.

Now

"What!!!!.". Nawal shouted.

"What's going on". Asmau said and the next thing they heard was a tud. They all turned to see Nawal on the floor. she had already fainted.

"Raise her up and get her on the bed immediately, jabriya call the doctor. others please leave the room". Asmau said and ran to her friend.she was scared for her friend on her wedding day. Others left the room mumuring to one another. Everybody was really shocked on why jabbar was called as the groom and not Anas.

The doctor came inside and started examining her. jabriya had already started crying. She felt pity for her friend who was lying helplessly on the bed.

What would she do when she eventually wakes up or how will she cope with leaving with a monster for the rest of her life.

The men came inside equally showing thier displeasure on what was happening. Mai Martaba refused to say anything until they were all in the sitting room and instead of pictures to be taken questions were being asked that no one has the answers to.

"Mai Martaba, Nawal is unconscious". Salma whispered into his ear. And after getting the information he followed her upstairs to the room where Nawal was lying.

When he entered she was already awake but one glance her way you would know she was going through alot within her.

"Baba,what is happening". She managed to asked with the tears flowing. She didn't bother to stop them from pouring. How could a bride get married to someone else other than the one she was ment to marry and that to,to someone who wants to make her life miserable.