~Chapter 5 - Fatherhood~

Author Note: Merry Christmas and Season Greetings, my dearest poppets!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Ivan's point of view~
"Papa!" The baltic trio and China yell out in suprise. Which just causes me to smile and go over to (Y/N) to pick her up. Craddling her in my arms.

"Is there something wrong?" She asks, looking like she was on the verge of tears.

"No. No. Little sunflower. Please call me papa all you want. I'll be your papa." I say to her as I wipe away her tears. Only to make her giggle. I smile since she is so adorable and I will protect her with my life. Then I look at the four.

(Y/N) might be a ball of sunshine, but my aura towards the other 4 was death.

"Do you want me to give you tips on raising a girl? Since I raised twain." China says quickly, trying to find a reason why he shouldn't die in my hands.

"I can get Belarus and Ukraine if you want?!" Latvia says, which put me in a worse mood. I don't want my sisters to know about her.

"I don't need your help in raising her, China. I can do this. And none of yous tell my sisters. Actually, tell no one. If I find out if you told someone. I will personally take care of you myself." I growl to them. No one is to know about my sunflower.

"Papa! I want to make sunflower crowns." (Y/N) says to me, obvious to me wanting to kill these four. However, she does help my mood, though. I look up at the four other countries.

"Little sunflower, the flowers don't grow in the snow. So you'll need to wait for the springtime." I say to her, making her pout but snuggle into my scarf and arms.

This little being stole my heart, and when I'm alone with her. I'm going to take a photo of this. Since she is so adorable.

"All of you are dismissed. If I need help raising her. I'll ask Hungary or France." I tell them my honesty. Which made them nod and the Baltic left. Not wanting to be killed by my hands.

"I understand Hungary, but why France, aru?" China asks, which made me laugh thinking about it.

"He is the drag queen of the world." I answer, which made China burst out laughing thinking about it.

"I'm heading off to bed. Then I'll leave in the morning. By the way, you should get her checked by an actual doctor. Especially for vaccination to diseases and anything she would be missing." China says before heading off.

I looked down at the sunflower who was watching China leave before looking at me. Before I could say anything to her, I heard her stomach growl.

"Do you want food?" I ask her, assuming she would be hungry.

~(Y/N)'s point of view~

I was very much hungry. Straving to be exact. So I nodded my head, and Papa took me out of the room to the kitchen.

"So, little Sunflower, what do you want to eat?" He asks as he sets me on the counter. I look at him and then the bin. The bin had food, and I could smell it. So when he had his back towards me, I crawled over to it, trying to reach for it. Damn this place is built for tall people. But before I could reach the bin, Papa picked me up by my collar and moved me away from the food.

"Nyet Sunflower. We don't eat food from the rubbish." Papa says to me with a stern look, which made me pout.

Papa sighs and takes me in his arms. I felt safe there. I cuddle up to him as he looks in the fridge.

"Do you want a..... bird's milk?" Papa asks me, and I was so confused.

"Papa.... do birds produce milk?" I ask him. Which made him shake his head.

"Nyet. It's the English name for a russian cake." He says, taking the cake out of the fridge.

"Russian?" I ask him as he sets me on the counter and then looks at the cake.

"Russian is a language and nationality. It's a way of communicating sunflower. Nationality is a place you are from." Papa explains to me as he cuts me a piece.

"Papa is really smart." I say as I take a piece of the cake. Nibbling it. Before taking huge bites. It was the most delicious thing I have ever eaten.

~Ivan's point of view.~

"Papa is really smart." (Y/N) says to me. Making me blush. A small child. Adorable as her called me smart.

I move away to get her a glass of milk. I know what I feed her isn't healthy, but I don't need her puking up just yet or throwing a tantrum around food. Kids love cake, and (Y/N) loves it.

I hand her the milk, and she looks at me so confused.

"This is to help you grow, and cake tastes nice with warm milk." I tell her. Which made my sunflower nod and drink it with the cake.

I watch her consume everything. I hope raising her will be a piece of cake.

~ Time skip brought to you by flying mint bunny.~

I was so wrong. Raising a child like (Y/N) is hard. She is full of a lot of energy. The first day was easy since I needed to buy her clothes and give her a bath. The days following that got harder to keep her occupied and use all of her energy.

Plus, at night, she has been getting a lot of nightmares, so she sleeps with me for comfort. Which I understand since the life she had before wasn't child friendly.

China went home the day after. Seeing he isn't needed. So that is one less problem. Plus, he helped book an appointment for (Y/N) to get her vaccination checks.

Now, the only problem is that the Baltics are leaving, and as much as she scares the living daylight out of them. She was occupied with them while I was busy doing paperwork. Now that they are leaving. I don't know what to do with her.

Fatherhood is going to be harder than it seems. But I will do it. I will do it for her. Since she is my little sunflower. I will protect her from the idiots and the cruelty of the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author Note: I apologise for the short chapter. But I thought it was cute.