Twenty Six

Sofia

The next couple of days almost felt like they had flashed by. All I had been thinking about all week was meeting my father.

Today was the day. I look at myself in the mirror, noticing how much I've changed since coming here. I looked healthier, my skin glowing and there were no bruises or marks from beatings.

I was dressed in a grey long sleeve and blue jeans with white air forces. We had agreed on talking during lunch in the gardens.

Connor was gone for some 'business trip' that I'm nearly sure was just illegal business so he had to have Matteo watch over me just in case anything happened.

I didn't even get to say bye to him..

Apparently it was some emergency and he had to leave immediately. Well, at least that's what Matteo said.

I hear a knock on my door and sigh, knowing it would be time now. I walk over, and open the door. Matteo stood there with a bright smile on his face, as if this would be some happy event.

" You look happy today." I say, closing the door behind me as we walk down the hallway.

" Of course I am! How could I not be so extremely thrilled to watch you and your dad talk for the next 3 hours." Matteo says sarcastically.

" I'm happy you're just as excited as I am." I joke, feeling my nerves rise as we get closer to the gardens.

" Oh come on, don't be so nervous, if anything goes wrong I'm in the mood to kill today." Matteo shrugs, opening the door for me.

I give him a fake smile, squinting my eyes as soon as I walk out. It was bright outside, and the air smelt fresh.

" He's not here?" I mumble to myself as we walk down to the table which was set with plates and drink glasses.

" How disappointing, I guess this means we unfortunately have to cancel." Matteo sighs shaking his head, albeit the sound of excitement in his tone.

" I don't get it, he's the one who wanted to talk." I mutter, sitting down in the seat.

" Maybe he's just running a little late, I should wait." I say, checking the date on my phone just in case I might've gotten it mixed up when we were supposed to meet.

" Fine but if he doesn't come in the next hour your second daddy is just a piece of worthless dust in your life." Matteo grumbles, crossing his arms over his chest as he leans against the door.

" Second daddy?" I ask, looking up at him with my eyebrow raised in confusion.

" Don't be so innocent, we all know you and Connor do some unthinkable things. So very sinful of you two." Matteo says dramatically.

" What? I do not call Connor daddy what kind of weird thoughts do you keep in that small brain of yours?" I scoff, looking at him unbelievably.

" Not as weird as those books you read." He smirks and I feel my face go red.

" I told you a hundred times it was just a kiss! You know what, I'm mad at you don't talk to me." I breathe out, turning my head away from him as I look out at the garden.

" Your husband wasn't wrong when he said you've gotten feisty." Matteo laughs, and I clench my teeth together. I had to keep myself from jumping him.