December 4, 2022: Day of the Diesels

We arrived at Wellsworth the next day, and I was surprised to see that some engines had made some space there. All we could see were Mavis, the diesel who worked at the Ffarquhar quarry, Daisy, who worked on the Ffarquhar and Harwick branch lines, BoCo, who worked on the Wellsworth branch line, and Diesel 10, who worked at the Sodor Ironworks. 

Mavis's story: The night before the freeze, a water leakage occurred in the quarry, and Mavis had to stay inside the quarry. When she woke up, the water had froze on the rails, and when Mavis moved, the icy rails wouldn't let her stop until Ffarquhar. She raided the station of all the trucks she could find.

Daisy's story: She woke up one day to find that it was freezing. When she got out of the sheds and onto the line, Ryan started chasing her. But she lost him after some time. 

BoCo's story: He woke up at Brendam Docks because he slept there before the freeze. When he left the docks, Bill started chasing him, but BoCo managed to lose him soon after. However, he didn't see a lost wagon blocking the line, and he crashed into it, making him lose an eye. 

Diesel 10's story: He woke up the morning of the freeze to see that Arry, Bert, Splatter, and Dodge were gutted. They had blue holes in their eye sockets. He gathered a freight train of scrap and hurried down the line. But he had to put on a bandage on his face because a corner of his face was very cold.

From their stories, I can infer that Ryan and Bill are the beasts, so we should stay away from them. Suddenly, a voice said, "Is Thomas here yet?" We looked into the sheds, which were closed, and we saw two engines: Ben, the other saddle tank engine twin, and Sally the Tank Engine. Thomas was overjoyed to see his sister. Daisy then put on a concerned look on her face. She hadn't told the full story. Apparently, she had found Sally, who worked on the Harwick branch line, in her shed. BoCo had also found Ben at Wellsworth. The two diesels apologized because they hadn't told the full story. 

Alright, am I naturally shaken by this from the cold, or is it just my feelings? First of all, Ben had an empty eye socket which I forgot to write about. But just as we were about to make the choice to put an eye patch on him, Ben started shaking. He screamed as his eye socket turned blue. I guess since it was affected by the cold, it started to freeze. But that's not what I'm shaken about. A while later, Toby started mumbling to himself. Then he started screaming and rolling back and forth, saying, "NO! NO NO NO!! I'M NOT YOUR SERVANT, I'M NOT YOUR SLAVE! LEAVE ME AND MY FRIENDS ALONE!!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!" Then he looked to Mavis and said, "Take care of Henrietta for me," as he spotted a piled of snow at the end of the sheds and charged himself towards it. Thomas didn't want to lose his friend, so he puffed in front of him just in time! I heard a piff and a scream. When I inspected Thomas, there was snow covering his left eye! Toby apologized too much, but Thomas forgave him. Since Thomas's genetics could be affected by the cold, we decided to put him in quarantine and shunt him in the goods shed. The good news is, Toby got the "voices" out of his head. The bad news is, Sally's in a mental breakdown and doesn't want to leave her brother. I just hope Thomas gets better by morning.