December 3, 2022-Branch Line Engines and the Clue

I think we've got a clue to finding Neville! We set off along the line, with Wilbert pulling us. Me and Aaron just sat on the pump trolley, feeling depressed. As we were nearing Crosby, we smelled smoke. That meant fire. As we got closer to Crosby, we could see the smoking remains of the dockside diesel.

 As we got closer to Crosby, we could see the smoking remains of the dockside diesel

His eyes were hollow and blue. His vents were also smoking. We decided to stay next to him, just for comfort. Then we set off. As we got to Tidmouth, we could hear crying. It looked like Thomas, Percy, and Toby, the Ffarquhar Branch Line Engines. We looked at them. Thomas had a scar along his eye. Toby had a crack in his front. Percy... was dead. His eye sockets were hollow like Salty's. Thomas was weeping why he was so mean to his best friend. But he quickly held back the tears because he might've gotten frostbite. Toby explained what had happened. The day of the freeze, they had gotten their fires started, but Percy's fire wasn't getting lit. Suddenly they heard a roar, and they thought it was from behind. Thomas and Toby ran away, but Percy couldn't move an inch. While passing by they saw Neville, going super fast. They couldn't get a good look at his face, though.

 They couldn't get a good look at his face, though

My eyes lit up when Toby mentioned my engine. Anyways, they ran away to Knapford Sheds, where they found Nia and Rebecca. Thank Godred they're safe. They also found Harvey, trying to put Molly back on the rails. They didn't know if she was dead, though. All of a sudden, Harvey  started straining, so Thomas and Toby ran away. They woke up next morning to find the remains of the crane engine. When they came back to Tidmouth, they found Percy. Thomas started crying some more when he looked at Percy again. We all comforted the little E2.

We decided to camp at Tidmouth tonight. We'll return to Wellsworth tomorrow. Hopefully we can find the others AND my engine. After hearing the clue that Toby gave me, I really don't want to lose my engine. Hopefully he's okay.