Chapter - 5

Third Person's POV 

" Why would he lie? My grandson would have been very happy if he had a sister. He has no siblings. He is always sad about it. Names can be similar to anyone. It is not a big deal, right dear?" 

An old woman came and stood beside Dev. Ada was very confused seeing the old woman as she had never seen before. But she was also confused because she found that old woman's face a little familiar but she wasn't able to recall it. 

ADA : You are? 

" I am Dev's grandma." - She replied sweetly with a smile. 

ADA : I have never seen you before. 

Ada wanted to know more about them. But before she could say anything more the supervisor of the old age home came and was happy to see her. 

" Ada, dear,  after such a long time you came. Where have you been these days? Hi Sid, how are you dear?" 

They exchanged some pleasantries and the superintendent urged Ada to come inside as other members would become very happy to see her. She was everyone's favourite. 

Ada went near the garden where other older men and women were chatting. Seeing Ada they became very happy. 

They started asking Ada why she has not come to meet them for almost one month. They told her how much they missed her. 

" Sorry, my darlings, I was very busy. Dad has given me responsibility for an upcoming big project for our company. This project is very crucial. Our rival company is also working on the same project. I cannot make any mistakes. Don't worry, I will come on every weekend from now on. I also missed all my darlings." - Ada told them very sweetly. Her sweet words and pure love always melt everyone's heart. No one can get angry with her for a long time. 

She was talking with them when Dev and his grandma also came and joined them. Dev came and sat beside Ada on the bench. Seeing that Sid frowned and tried to sit between Ada and Dev, but Ada pinched him and glared at him. With a defeated heart, Sid stood behind the bench. 

Ada took the initiative to start a conversation with Dev. She found him very attractive. When he came and sat beside her, she wanted to dance in happiness. 

ADA : Can I ask you something? 

DEV : Of course, what do you want to ask? 

ADA : It doesn't look like you don't care about your grandma. Then why is she living in this old age home? 

Ada was confused about this. In this old age home either the old people have no one or their families don't care about them and leave them in this old age home. But when Dev's grandma introduced them as his grandma, she found it very odd.

Dev looked at Ada and was collecting his words about what he was going to say. Sid, who was behind them, was also very much interested to know Dev's answer. Sid wanted to gather as much information as possible about Dev. He was sure that his cousin had fallen for the young man in front of him. He wanted to share this news with his Bare Mamu (Adesh) and other cousins (Adi and Rik).

Ada who was waiting for an answer from Dev got a little surprised when Sid's grandma answered instead of Dev. 

" Oh dear, It was me who suggested Dev should bring me here. You know after Dev used to leave for work I used to feel very lonely and alone at home. So I thought if I live here I will get some company and will not feel bored. Dev comes to visit me whenever he gets time. This way we both are happy. I have already told Dev, again I will start living with him only after he brings a granddaughter-in-law for me. " - Dev's grandma replied with a very calm and composed expression. 

Ada found this reason very convincing and the very little amount of suspicion she had about them vanished. But to Sid, his doubt became more strong. He found the reply like a revised answer. As if the old woman had practised this line many times and was ready to answer this question whenever it would be asked. From the very start, he didn't like the look and attitude of the old woman. He noted in his mind to tell his Mamu about his suspicion of the woman. 

Ada started chatting with Dev. They even went near the pond alone. Sid wanted to follow them but Ada's darling gang trapped him between them and helped their dear Ada to spend some alone time with Dev.

After spending some hours with everyone when it was time for Ada's return, they requested Ada and Sid to stay a little longer and have dinner with them. 

But Ada and Sid had to deny their request. Rik would go abroad to work in Thakur's company to help his parents so they all would have a family dinner together before he left for London. 

During their journey back home, the entire ride Ada requested Sid not to tell anyone about Dev. But Sid…he completely ignored his cousin's pleading. 

They reached their home but Sid still didn't accept Ada's request. When Ada realized Sid would not agree, she blackmailed him. Sid was just about to enter the house when Ada threatened him " Fine, I will also tell everyone you failed your chemistry test and made me sign your report copy. And I will also tell them about all the guardian meetings I attended in your school acting as your guardian." 

Sid got scared and hurriedly turned back to Ada and replied " No, no. You are my sweet sister. You requested something from me, can I deny it? I will not tell anyone." 

" What will you not tell us? What are you both planning to hide?"

Both Ada and Sid got startled to hear the voice coming from behind them.

Vote... Comment... Share...if you like the update  😊