Alton towers part 5

Alton Towers is much more than just a theme park, and offers a range of different attractions and accommodation options for guests who want to extend their day out into a short break in the Staffordshire Moorlands. Whatever you're looking for in a short break, the resort is sure to offer something to enjoy.

Alton towers hotel

The Alton Towers Hotel is centred around the wacky inventions of Sir Algenon Alton, with his five-storey time machine parked right in the middle of the foyer! Throughout the Hotel are relics from his travels around the globe, from the reception de...

The Alton Towers Hotel is centred around the wacky inventions of Sir Algenon Alton, with his five-storey time machine parked right in the middle of the foyer! Throughout the Hotel are relics from his travels around the globe, from the reception desk made of lost luggage, to the massive chair on the next floor down (always providing a perfect photo opportunity!).

Food

The Secret Garden
offers delicious freshly-prepared meals in a relaxed, tranquil setting and is located off the main atrium on the ground floor. The restaurant's menu changes seasonally and sometime includes less than conventional hotel delicacies such as crocodile steaks. Although the individual meals are not cheap, if you are not a big eater you may find this restaurant more to your taste and easier on the wallet than the all-you-can eat option at Splash Landings Hotel. The Restaurant can get very busy and demand is often high so i highly recommend pre-booking your table to avoid disappointment.

Dragon Bar
Located on the ground floor, with tables spilling up around the atrium, the Dragon Bar is perfect for those who want to relax over a drink in the evening, or to sit while their children enjoy the antics of the magic show, Darwin the Dodo, or the music of the ships singers. The drinks on offer vary from both pump and bottled beers and ciders; to wine, spirits and cocktails. There is also an alcohol free children's cocktail menu available so young-ones can enjoy a refreshing drink with their parents.

Entertainment

The atrium is the centre-piece of the Alton Towers Hotel and is also the place to grab light mid-day snacks. The lunch menu is generally a specialist sandwich fayre and is more expansive than the pre-packaged sandwiches available at the Coffee Shack in Splash Landings hotel. The atrium is also linked to the two bars at the hotel and is the perfect place to take your drinks to watch the evening entertainment.

Rooms:

Standard rooms
Explorer Rooms
Arctic Explorer Rooms
Moon Voyage Rooms

Attraction Themed Rooms
The Smiler Room
Gangsta Granny Room

Other Themed Rooms
Arabian Nights Suite
Big Pyjama Suite
Splish Splash Suite
Celebration Suite
The Chocolate Room
Peter Rabbit Burrow & Benjamin Bunny Room
Sleepover Suite
Dreamy Den & Hidden Hideaway Rooms
Princess Room

Enchanted Village