Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Jason Wood's POV

It was Saturday night. I was sitting at a bar, loud noise of pop music blaring in the air. I heard some hooting and cheering from the dance floor behind me.

Typical teenagers.

I glanced back, there were lots of people dancing to the beat of the music. I was going to look away when a familiar face caught my eye.

Sarah.

I had not seen her for a week, the day she had pulled a prank on me. I would not say I was not angry with what she had done. I was furious, probably more so from the fact that she knew about my OCD and still decided to do something like that. Though, it was the perfect opportunity to fire her, I could not. I did shout it, from my office and I think she heard it too.

She swayed and twirled awkwardly, inventing her own dance moves, not a single move matching the blasting music. However, she danced carefree, laughing and giggling, not caring how people might judge her.

I envied her at the moment. I tried to look away but failed miserably, her imperfection was somehow drawing me in. I took a chug from my drink and moved towards her. I gripped her wrist and pulled her towards me. She twirled and came into my chest. When she glanced above, the smile drained from her face as if it never existed in the first place.

"Jason"

I pulled her towards the bar, away from the dance floor.

"Why are you not coming to the office?"

She tilted her neck to the side.

"Really Jason. You were the one who fired me."

"I just said you are fired. I did not even say it to your face. I just randomly said it through my office. It meant nothing. You know that."

'Sarah, come back' her friends shouted.

"I should go, my friends are calling me."

"Wait. Our company's annual dinner is this Friday night. I would like to see you there. Please do come. About your job. It is still yours. I won't force you."
...............................
Sarah Jones POV

The ringing of the doorbell woke me up. I was surprised with a package which said

'Looking forward to meet you at dinner tonight, Jason.'

When I opened the package, I was left speechless. It had a beautiful ankle-length red silk gown with a slit on the right side, the whole front was embroidered and covered with sequins till the waist. It was accompanied by matching red heels and a pair of ruby-colored earrings.

When Jason had told me about the party, I had decided not to go but looking at the dress right now, I wanted to be there. I wanted to be there for Jason.

I took a long shower, curled my hair. I changed into the dress and completed my look with dark smokey eyes and a nude lipshade. I wore the heels and the ruby earrings and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I looked and felt beautiful.

I was going to text my dad to send me his driver but just then Jason's text came, saying he was waiting for me outside my home. I locked and left my house. Jason saw me and greeted me with a genuine warm smile.

"You look breathtaking."

"Thank you, you look amazing too." He was dressed in an elegant black tuxedo. Needless to say, he looked perfect. But I was not going to tell him that, his ego was already sky high.

He opened his car's passenger door for me.

"Are you sure your car might get dirty?"

He chuckled and gave me a charming smile.

"That is why I made sure to send new heels to you as well. I am sure my car will stay clean today."

I hit his shoulder.

"Jason, you don't learn. Do you?"
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Author's Note
Thank you for reading.