Chapter 1

Important Note
I wrote this story when I had no writing experience so this isn't a masterpiece. If you are looking for one, don't read this.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Chapter 1

Sarah Jones POV

After receiving constant buzzing sounds in my ear and a few love bites from my dearest enemy turned friend-Mojo, the mosquito, a permanent resident in my apartment, I finally woke up. I should have killed him the first time he gave me a bloody kiss on my nose, but you see, I have been freaking single for the past twenty-three-years, and by the looks of it, I dreaded having a vitamin 'kiss' deficiency. Hence, I let Mojo do the job.

At least he is less annoying than most men.

I had barely managed to get two-hours of sleep after binge watching my favorite Netflix series, the one I had watched a hundred times before in literal sense. Do I regret compromising my sleep-in trade for my favorite show? No way. The remnants of my guilty pleasure still adorned the bed. Headphones, a half empty bowl of popcorns, some doritos, a few empty wrappers and a dead laptop. Rest in peace.

A few yawns, some stretches and
centuries later, I decided to shun the warmth of my bed. Kicking off the quilt, I threw it off the bed with my feet, messing up with the bed sheets in the process.

Entirely turning a blind eye to my bed's umkempt state, I sauntered into the bathroom for a shower.
Who cares if I make my bed or clean my room? That is the perk of living alone. Nobody gets to order me around.

I wrapped myself in a towel and moved barefooted to my closet, wetting the floor in the process.
As soon as I opened the cupboard, clothes flew out of nowhere and fell onto my feet. Ignoring them, I took the few appropriate attires I owned and randomly threw them on the bed. From the pile of clothes, I selected a plain white cotton shirt with a black pencil skirt and tossed the remaining clothes back into the closet.

Quickly dressing up, I applied light makeup. Leaving my wet hair as such and finishing my appearance with my white heels, which look grey because of the dirt that had gathered on them. Nobody would notice. Only I know they were originally white in color.

Grinning widely, I gazed at myself in the mirror, the combination of beauty and brains reflecting back at me. With chin up, a boasted ego and a perfect amount of confidence, I am ready to rock the world.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Author's Note:
Thank you for reading.

Sarah: Vote if you are as messy as me😅
Comment if you are the exact opposite.