A Pure Sacrafice From a Dark Heart

AN: In this chapter, I use the name Kamikaze for a character. It is not in reference to the WWII Japanese Special Attack Units of military aviators who flew suicide attacks for the Empire of Japan, nor is it meant to suggest any disrespect in that regard. Likewise, it is actually in reference to the Kamikaze, or divine wind, that was created by Raijin, god of lightning, thunder, and storms, to protect Japan against the Mongols.

Artist of Chapter Image: Unknown

Source of Chapter Image: Pinterest

Character Origin of Chapter Image: Unknown

Disclaimer: I recognize the image to be art of a character created by someone else. I do not own rights to the artwork, nor do I seek to appropriate it as mine nor of my own mind. I simply include this work as reference for the likeness to my own OC of this story, since I do not currently have the skills to draw them myself nor the means to commission. Thank you :)

SESSHOMARU'S P.O.V:

I watched in disbelief as the one that I thought deceased walked straight past me with a lost look in her fiery eyes. Her wings were a golden-white and silky to the touch, and her hair glowed with a bright intensity. The foreign style sword dragged in her wake as her arms laid limply by her sides. The priestess had cried herself unconscious, and Inuyasha had carried her out of harm's way with the rest of his band, who silently watched in shock. A bloody, battered Yumemi stumbled backwards as she incoherently mumbled inaudible words to herself, shaking her head back and forth. Silence dominated the cave as everyone watched what was imminently making its way to the end. The feud of over eight hundred years was about to meet its end by the hands of a dead demon.

Her scent wasn't random anymore. It was the smell of burning cherry wood, and it suited her more than the previous scents that had dominated her.

"Y-you're dead!" Yumemi stuttered as a whimper escaped her lips. Star stopped and tilted her head to the side.

"You might want to think before you try and kill the demons of fiery rebirth." Star talked for the first time since her untimely death, and her voice was smoother than before and had a distinct accent. Yumemi laughed in delirium as she shook her head.

"Rebirth? Pft! Rebirth? What's rebirth? Hah! Rebirth doesn't exist!" She squeaked as she backed up into the wall of the cave. Star walked up to her, grabbed her by the hair, and flung her to the middle of the cave.

"Are you happy?! You got your revenge." Star solemnly smiled as she bent down next to a twitching Yumemi.

"Was it worth it? Ya feel better?" I could tell it took everything Star had not to just snap the wench's neck.

"Good." She shook her head. "Because it's my turn." She smiled as she ran the blade of her sword along her palm.

"See this sword?" She held it in front of the muttering sociopath.

"My father's name was Kamikaze. But. . . You already knew that, I bet." She said as she taunted the loopy Yumemi with the blade of her sword.

"Well, all the souls of my clan were embedded into this sword by my father in hopes that they would one day be reborn, but it's too late for that. I'm sad I can't help them, but get this." She smirked. "I can smell the hunger for revenge in these souls. Can you smell it? Hmm? Smell it." She shoved the blade into Yumemi's face, who jumped in fear as she muttered over and over again. "Well, I think they've starved long enough. Time to satisfy them." Her eyes bulged as she raised her sword, and Yumemi tried to run. Star appeared in front of her all of a sudden and plunged the sword into Yumemi's gut. The fire from the sword combined with my poison that ran through Yumemi's body, and the sword seemed to ring with an ominous song. She pulled it out, and Yumemi fell to the floor as her body slowly turned to ashes and blew away in the wind.