To the Clouds at Last

Artist of Chapter Image: Unknown

Source of Chapter Image: Pinterest

Character Origin of Chapter Image: Anime: Inuyasha

Disclaimer: I recognize the image to be art of a character created by someone else. I do not own rights to the artwork, nor do I seek to appropriate it as mine nor of my own mind. I simply include this work as reference for the characters of this story, since I do not currently have the skills to draw them myself nor the means to commission. Thank you :)

Torn Demoness's P.O.V:

"I can't watch you kill the house mother." Big Rin said, smiling, as blood poured from her mouth, and she fell to the ground. The demoness looked at her shaking, bloody hands as her vision went in and out. She looked around in a drunken stupor as her mind was fried from the two inhabitants fighting for dominance. Rin. . . No! Dammit! I'm in control, wench! But. . . Rin is d-dead. . . B-because o-of m-m-me. . . Shut up! No one cares!

As she turned, she caught a sight she never thought she'd see. Sesshomaru was bent down with Little Rin in his arms, a slender, personally made knife sticking out of her gut. Blood trickled down her chin. She was dead. His Tenseiga was sticking out of the ground a couple feet away, seeming to have failed in reviving her for the third time. A single tear ran down his cheeks as his hair covered his eyes, and a grimace of regret lined his mouth.

"We need to just give her an aura!" Motimiki shouted at Yoshe.

"No! I have to inscribe her with magic, or she won't be able to touch the damn sword!" Yoshe exclaimed in annoyance.

"Who cares about the damn sword! I would like to live through this!" Motimiki argued. Yoshe laughed as she lost her patience.

"Too bad." She smirked as she grabbed Motimiki. With his injuries, he couldn't fight back, and she removed his aura with her magic. He fell to the floor, unconscious, and she directed the aura at the torn demoness. Setsuko, Yoshe's daughter, sat in the corner, shaking with utter fear.

As the torn demoness absorbed the aura, the energy in the room became so oppressive, one could cut it with a knife, and Yumemi's evil laugh reverberated throughout the room. The unmistakable sound of death was heard at that very moment as Star's vacant body hit the floor, and Yumemi stood tall with the signature insane look of a victorious Kage Karasu.