Chapter Eight ✨

"Tommy I'm begging you say something please!" Elise continued to beg, as Tommy continued to stay silent, keeping her hands clasped in his as he sat crouched down in front of her, staring down at the floor.

"You should've told me El." Was all Tommy could mutter, still looking away from her.

"I know that now, and I wish I had told you long ago, but I didn't know how you would react. I was scared you would leave me, but my fear came true anyways." Elise muttered back, trying to stop herself from crying any more than she already was.

"What did you expect Elise? I thought I was the problem, and you didn't bother to say otherwise." Tommy seethed, letting go of Elise's hands backing away from her as the anger began take over, his cold front coming back.

"You weren't the one going through it Thomas so how the bloody hell was I supposed to know what was going on in your head huh? I can't read your mind!" Elise began to yell, getting out of her seat.

"I think it's time that you leave Mr. Shelby," Elise seethed, pointing to the front door, anger burning in the pit of her stomach.

Without another word, Tommy did just what Elise had told him to do. Leave. Although he was kicking at himself for letting his rage take over him, he wasn't angry with Elise, but she wouldn't have been able to know that. Like she said, she can't read his mind.

**

Elise was making her way to a cafe where she was going to be meeting an old friend. Walking in, she turned ever so slightly from the doorway, a wide smile set on her face as her eyes laid to where her friend sat. "Hello Ada," Elise greeted with a warm smile, as she sat down in front of her.

"Hello Ellie," Ada greeted back as she smiled back at Elise.

"Sorry I couldn't make it to Freddie's funeral Ada, I was meaning to go and then business sort of got in the way of it all."

"It's fine Ellie, I know you meant well." Ada reassured, she knew the kind of friend Elise was. Ada already knew that Elise would have been there if she could, she's known her for long enough that it was unlike Elise to miss something so important unless she ultimately couldn't make it. "Come to think of it, I know of a way you could make it up to me." Ada giggled as Elise gave a confused look.

"What on earth is it Ada?" Elise questioned with a concerned look on her face, wondering on all the different things Ada could suggest.

"I'll going back to Birmingham in a couple of days for The Garrison re-opening and it would mean the world to me if you came back with me," Ada said, a sly smile creeping onto her face as she thought of a way for her to get her older brother and Elise in the same room again after hearing what happened on his last visit to London.

"I'd love to Ada, I'm not sure if I'm ready to go back there yet."

"Don't give me that Ellie, I know you have no more business to do around here. Just go for the night or even just a day. For once just stop thinking about business,"

"Alright I'll think about it Ada," Elise smirked, as she took a sip of her tea.

"Good, cause either way you'll be coming I'll make sure of it." Ada replied, a sly smile on her face.

**