Veinte

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name (First)
(L/N): Last Name
(H/C): Hair Color
(H/L): Hair Length
(S/C): Skin Color
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

(Y/N)'s smile disappeared.

(Y/N): Wh-What?

Aki: I have two years left to live. When I used to sword on the Katana Man...

(Y/N) sank onto the ground. His eyes were wide.

(Y/N): T-Two...?

Aki wanted to cry.

Aki: Y-Yeah...

(Y/N) covered his mouth and closed his eyes.

(Y/N): Aki... Only two years?

He was raising his voice now.

Aki: I'm sorry. I'm sorry...

(Y/N) started tearing up. He moved over to Aki and engulfed him in a hug.

(Y/N): No, no... Please tell me you're lying...

Aki: I'm not, (Y/N).

He hugged back, trying not to tear up as well.

(Y/N): Damn it... I can't lose you too...

Aki: (Y/N).

(Y/N) wiped his eyes and pulled away from Aki, looking at him.

Aki: I-I want to date you... I really do... It's just...two years isn't that long...

(Y/N): D-Date...

They both were crying now.

Aki: I-I want to live out the rest of my life with you... But... I know it'll only make you hurt more when I do...die...

(Y/N) choked back a sob.

(Y/N): Aki...

Aki: Even if you might say no, and I understand that, I still need to ask you... W-Will you be my boyfriend, (Y/N)?

He shut his eyes as more tears spilled.

(Y/N) didn't know what to say.

(Y/N): I... <sobs> I-I need to think...about this...

Aki's eyes went wide. Even though he said he needed to think, he didn't outright reject him...

Aki: I understand... Thank you, (Y/N)...

(Y/N) pulled Aki into a hug.

(Y/N): I just... I don't want to lose you after I already lost everybody else... I'm going to be so lonely...

Aki: You might have Denji and Power left...

(Y/N) sobbed and hugged him tighter.

(Y/N): But even then... I love them, but even if we get any closer, they'll never be as close as I was to you, Himeno, Yutaro, and Michiko. It just won't be, and I hate saying that.

Aki put his head onto (Y/N)'s shoulder.

Aki: I love you, (Y/N). I really do...

(Y/N) sobbed. He couldn't say anything.

Aki: Want to go home and think about it? Don't rush yourself. Even if you do say no... I'll want to stay being your friend... You're the best friend I've ever had... Without you, I wouldn't have been able to keep on going... You mean more to me than my hatred for the Gun Devil... I asked Kishibe to pull Division 4 out of the expedition.