Diez

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name (First)
(L/N): Last Name
(H/C): Hair Color
(H/L): Hair Length
(S/C): Skin Color
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

A few days had passed since Aki and (Y/N) had visited Himeno's grave. The older male was sitting on the couch, strumming his guitar when he heard the phone ring.

The (H/C)-ette raised an eyebrow and placed the guitar on the couch. He walked over to the phone and picked it up.

(Y/N): Hello?

???: Ah, (Y/N). It's good to hear your voice after so long.

(Y/N): Oh, hi, uncle. Why are you calling?

Uncle: I'm just checking in to see how you're doing. I've been very worried. There's been word that tons of devil activity has been happening in Japan, and Tokyo especially.

(Y/N): Well, the rumors aren't wrong. One of my friends in the Devil Hunting business recently died...

Uncle: I'm sorry to hear that. How are you doing?

(Y/N): It was pretty bad at first. I'm still upset, but I can at least handle my emotions on the outside at least, if you get what I mean.

Uncle: Yes, I do.

There was an awkward silence for a moment.

Uncle: You do know my offer is still up, right?

(Y/N): <sighs> Yeah, I know. I just don't want to move to America. Mostly because I don't want to be by them, even if we're not under the same roof. You don't know how relieved I was when they moved.

Uncle: I do resent my sister for treating you the way she did. I've always found you to be adorable and cute. I still remember the first time I saw you. I was able to travel from America to visit you. God, you were the chubbiest baby I'd ever seen.

(Y/N) chuckled.

(Y/N): I kind of feel obligated to say this, but how are they doing?

Uncle: They look like they've always lived there. <sighs> You know, they might get mad at me for telling you this, but I don't feel like keeping this a secret anymore. I always felt bad.

(Y/N): <concerned> What is it?

Uncle: You remember that car dealership they always talked about the few times they even paid you any attention?

(Y/N): Yeah, that's why they moved to America.

Uncle: Well, the truth is, that was just a ruse.

(Y/N): Huh? What do you mean?

Uncle: The reason they were always so busy was because they were actually Devil Hunters.

(Y/N): <shocked> What?! N-No way...

Uncle: It's true. When you were young, they often ignored you because they were too busy. That's why they left you in the care of your grandparents. When they died, they finally took you in to live with them. But they had unrealistic expectations for you, and when you never showed any interest in becoming a Devil Hunter and expressed a fear of devils, they resented you even more than before.

(Y/N): What? But they never even spoke to me about being a Devil Hunter!

Uncle: I do not know what was going on in their heads during that time. I guess they wanted you to magically want to become one especially after the Gun Devil attack.