Surprises

*Daryl's P.O.V*

Glenn, T-Dog, and I were searchin' for Randal. I don't trust Shane. His story seemed off. He wasn't the type of person to get jumped. Anyways, Rick an' Shane went one way, while we went another. It was getting dark outside. Which wasn't good. It's harder to track at night.

It was completely dark, but I could still see tracks, thanks to the moonlight. There were two sets of tracks, but one stepped on the other, meanin' Shane was with him. That seemed a little suspicious. We continued to walk, but I stopped. Someone had fallen down. No signs of struggle. I don't like this.

*Amalia's P.O.V*

I was nervous. It was dark and they weren't back. Sam sensed my anxiety, "They'll be alright. I know they will. If anything, Daryl won't die. I can tell he loves you." Ugh..he was turning this into a chick flick moment, "Dude, no chick flick moments." He chuckled, "Alright. Jerk." I responded like Dean, "Bitch." He laughed and hugged me, "I'm serious though. He does." I hugged him back and breathed in his familiar scent. I pulled back, "Speaking of love. What's going on with you and Carol, huh?" He sighed and leaned his head back. Dean came in on this conversation, "I would like to know too." This time Sam groaned. Dean and I both laughed. I poked his side and he jolted, "Hey." I laughed even harder. Dean did too. Sam looked annoyed, but you tell he was trying not to laugh with us. "Seriously though, I'm curious." I said. He sighed and began, "Well, we've been hanging out lately. She seems nice, but broken too." He doesn't know about her past. I was debating whether I should tell him or not. I did not need to though.

"I am broken, Sam." Carol chimed in. Everyone turned to look at her. She came and joined our conversation. "I lost my daughter. I was abused by my husband and he died." she told us. Even though, I knew. Sam looked at her with sympathy. Dean looked like he knew her pain. We all did. Sam hugged her and she hugged back with tears in her eyes. Sam hesitantly asked, "What was your daughter like?" She tensed up, but told us anyway, "She was a sweet girl, but was shy around grown men. She loved making new friends and she loved her doll. She never wanted violence. That's why I am so timid, when it comes to killing those things. I don't have it in me. Sophia wouldn't want that." Dean answered bluntly, but kindly, "I don't think she would want you to die either. I think she would want you to live and move on." Dean was right. She did. I think Sam could help her with that too, "Dean is right. My brother Sammy can help, if you allow him too." Sam looked at me with 'what the hell' look. I decided to lighten the mood, "Come on, you weren't going to ask her, so I did for you, bitch." Sam rolled his eyes, "Jerk." I smiled and Carol giggled at our little family bickering. She looked at Sam, "I would love to." Sam seemed surprised. I nudged him and gave him a wink. He playfully shoved me. I smiled and looked at Dean. He had a distant look on his face. It was one of those looks, where you know he is thinking about something that happened in the past.

I took a hold of Dean's arm and pulled him somewhere else, I did call over my shoulder, "We'll leave you lovebirds alone." I heard Sam groan. Dean laughed a little. I stopped and hugged him, "I saw that look in your eye. What's wrong?" He tensed up. He didn't answer. I sighed and looked at him, "Look whatever you are thinking about, it's not your fault ok? It never will be." He looked down, "I'm so sorry." Why was he apologizing? "For what?" I asked. He looked at me with a tear in his eyes, "I couldn't protect you when you were here. I am the big brother should always be there for you. I always think about myself and my needs, but never yours or Sammy's." I gave out a laugh. He looked at me strangely. "You never put your needs in front of ours. You protected me even when you were not physically here. You were in my heart and you protected me. You are the big brother and you protect us no matter what. Dean, I love you. Sammy loves you. Bobby loved you. Bobby still does. You are always there for me when I need a shoulder to cry on because of a stupid boy. It's time for me to return the favor. You can cry on my shoulder night, if you have to. Sleep in my tent. I don't care. You are family. Family is the most important thing to me." Dean had tears just streaming down his face. He never choked up or sobbed, he silently did it. He embraced me and cried on my shoulder for most of the night.

It was little after Dean and I's brother, sister, moment. Daryl, Glenn, and T-Dog got back. They looked confused. Dean was staying by my side the whole time. Lori and all of us came out onto the porch. "Where's Rick?" Lori asked. Daryl answered, "With Shane." All of the sudden, I get a whiff of a smell I know all to well. I looked at Dean, Sam, and Hershel. We knew what that smell was. Sulfur. We got into combat mode. I said it first, "Christo." No one reacted. They all looked at me weirdly though. "Then who is-" I started but was cut off by a British accent. "Hello, boys. And toy." Crowley said. Dean, Sam, and I all said this at the same time, "Oh crap." We turned around to see him on the lawn. He had devilish smirk plastered on his face. He pointed at me, "Your time is now, toy." Everyone looked at me. I gulped, "I am not doing it, asshole." He tsked, "Such dirty language for such a pretty girl." He came onto the porch, Daryl moved in front of him, "Back off." Crowley looked at him and then me. I knew what he was about to do. "No! Don't!" I said. He smiled victoriously. I stepped between Daryl and Crowley. "Now, shall we go? No doubt that you will want blood after this." Crowley stated. Dean questioned, "What do you mean?" Crowley looked surprised, "Oh, she hasn't told you. Well, then, I will. I have plans for her to become a vampire. If she did not do it, everyone here will be dead. She wanted to save all of you. Even that pathetic Shane, who is a demon by the way. He was keeping an eye on her for me." Dean looked betrayed. I did not tell him. He also looked guilty. He felt like he couldn't protect me.

I gasp and grabbed my stomach. Daryl looked concerned and came to my side, "What's wrong?" I regained my breath and looked at my stomach. Crowley shoved Daryl aside and put a hand on my stomach, "Well, congratulations, you are a mother." Well that's a slap in the face. I'm going to be a mother. "That puts a dent in my plans. You're off the hook." Everyone looked at him. He shrugged, "What? I'm not that evil." He disappeared right after. Daryl looked at me, "You're pregnant." I slowly nod my head. "And I'm the father." I nodded my head once again. He probably doesn't want it. To my surprise, he smiles and hugs me, "I've always wanted a family. A real family." I smile and Dean comes up to Daryl, "You hurt my sister in any way, I'll kill you." He walked toward me and hugged me, "I'm an uncle." I laugh. Everyone congratulated me. Everyone was rejoicing, when another surprise popped up. A herd of walkers heading this way. Damn it!