• 19 •

Thank you for being so supportive! <3

The song of this chapter!

The Spins - Mac Miller

First-person perspective

- Robert Maddens -

It takes me another hour and a half to finish the tests. Victoria only came down once to get Marcel from the backyard - we completely ignored each other, I heard the shower run but that's about it.

When I'm done, it's dark outside and I go upstairs to change finally. Once reaching the door I try to open it but it's locked. I sigh loudly and knock on the door, "Victoria, open the door - you're being childish".

"No thanks" She replies, "I'd rather not see your face".

I close my eyes, using my fingers to pinch the bridge of my nose, "Just let me in, I'm sorry I didn't want to do... 'aftercare' but you gotta understand I have responsibilities and I can't just fuck around with you all the time. Now let me in please".

Victoria stays quiet for a second before responding, "That doesn't sound sincere enough".

My brows pull together, "Well how do you want me to sincerely apologise?".

"I'm not telling you how to apologise, I'm done talking." She states and - out of the blue - turns on music loudly to block me out.

I groan, "Victoria, this is ridiculous".

She doesn't respond but I can hear her humming and singing along to the lyrics. I walk away, not entirely giving up yet. Sitting on the couch again, I open my phone and message her.

Victoria

R: I'm not joking Open the door, my cigarettes are in there, I need them.

V: Not my problem.

R: Fine, behave like a child. You haven't even eaten though what are you going to eat? At least let me bring you food.

V: No thank you.

R: You have to eat.

V: Not if I don't want to.

R: You're such a pain.

V: K.

Victoria can say she isn't hungry but that isn't going to stop me from making her dinner anyway. I quickly walk into the kitchen and grab the ingredients for ravioli, a personal favourite of mine.

Once it's done, I serve it up in two bowls, grabbing one and walking upstairs. By now Victoria had turned the music down so she could have a proper conversation with her. I knock on the door and she doesn't respond. "I brought you food".

"I told you I didn't want food." I hear her faintly say through the door.

"I know, but, You have to eat - so..." She doesn't say anything to my words, I stand and think for a moment, "I'll leave it here, okay? And I'll leave so you don't have to worry about me". Victoria doesn't respond to me, again, so I just place it down and walk down the stairs, "See? I'm gone, now please take it!" I call out from the bottom of the stairs.

I hear the door creak and shut which makes me smile victoriously. I sit in the lounge room with my food, eating while Shameless still plays.

While watching, I decided to sleep in the lounge, that's if Victoria hadn't let me in by then. I could sleep in the guest room but it kind of gives me the creeps, I'm not sure why and that sounds kind of pussy - being scared of a room that is - but it's so empty and clean and reminds me of having to babysit Xavier overnight which is hell and back.