Total Eclipse of the Moon

“Move out!” Alpha shouted, waving his arm over his head signaling for everyone to shift and head into the woods. There was only like four of us going but, he still was commanding. Everyone shifted and started running swiftly through the thin little trees.

I kept to the front, my speed was slowly getting better and better the more I shifted back and fourth, running between Alpha and Beta. Tess came up behind me and they made a formation to protect me. Why?

We were heading to a Territory meeting, with the Hunters and other Alpha’s. I wasn’t sure how I was going to react or what I was supposed to do but things seemed to be going okay for a bit.

I mean it’s not like I have to tell them who I am right?

I didn’t feel ready to try and run my own pack and protect my territory. I could just stay under Alpha’s protection, in his pack and if I ever was ready I could try to take control. They would help me, I’m sure, one thing I’ve learned for sure they never turn their backs on their friends.

I had been so engrossed with my own thoughts I didn’t notice the small cabin coming into view. This is where the meeting took place? We slowed to a stop and shifted human. Beta had been carrying a backpack with clothes in it for us to change into. He dropped it from his jaws to shift then picked it up and started tossing clothes out at us.

He passed me a small sundress and underwear and him and Alpha put on Jeans and t-shirts. I quickly pulled my clothes on and slipped on a little white jacket to keep warm. Tess stayed wolf and sat at the edge of the trees other wolves were sitting around and beside a car beside the house I spotted four men holding glittering weapons sending us death glares. I wormed myself beside Beta to escape their looks and we headed into the light warmth of the cabin.

“Francis!” someone shouted holding his arms out for a hug. “It’s good of you to finally show up. Come everyone is waiting.” He ushered us inside and pulled out two chairs. Beta stood back and leaned against the wall carefully analyzing each person. I sat close to Alpha as I could.

“Hey Francis! Who’s this?” someone asked pointing at me. I shied away closer to him. I was supposed to act like a teenager, but these people scared me.

Alpha wrapped an arm around my shoulders and gave them a squeeze. “This is Layla, she’s knew to the pack.” He said smiling.

A whisper went through the table, I heard my name (my real name) being said over and over again. There was a tense uncertainty in the room and all eyes dropped to me. “She’s my niece.” Alpha said eyeing everyone.

Some people nodded as if they understood. “Oh yes, I’ve heard of your long lost sister.” Someone said loudly. He eyed the both of us before smiling and sitting down. Alpha and him started to get into a thick conversation that seemed to drown out everything else in the room.

The door suddenly banged open and more men stormed in. I flinched and hugged Alpha’s side. Three men walked in, two taking seats while one waited against the wall. “Let’s get this meeting going!” The man snapped. I recognized his voice.

The others in the room growled at his entrance, every one did, not just a few, the whole room was sent into a tremor of six growling wolf leaders and their second in commands. I ignored it and curled up deeper into my seat. Alpha stood up, dominating the room.

Even though some of the other people in the room looked like older Alpha’s than he did, he seemed to be the strongest. “I called this meeting, so I’ll get it started.” He said, eyeing everyone in the room. “I called this meeting because of the number of discrepancies going on, on the Blake’s land.” He gazed around the room. It was amazing to see so many people listening to every word he said. “Jeb left his land through each of his children then to me.” He stated. “And unless one of his kids rises from the grave to take the land back I am the rightful leader of that territory.” He growled out.