Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - Trouble in Town

"How far from here?" Ant was gone; my Alpha was now standing in front of me.

"About two miles east." Marlon stated.

"Call Rives and Ryan. The six of us will run the border with you four," Ant specified.

He took me out of the equations. I was pissed now.

"I am coming with you, whether you want me to or not Alpha!" he didn't deserve me using his birth name. I was furious he would kick me to the curb when danger was present. I wasn't a baby. I could take care of myself!

"I won't have this conversation with you Alexis. You get your ass in the house and stay there. That is an order!" He bellowed. "Do not say another word; I do not want to hear it. We have enough to worry about. The need to watch your back will distract us. We won't be at our full abilities. Now go!"

That hurt. He practically told me I was a horrible wolf! How could he? I was an extraordinary fighter. The enforcers were my teachers!

Looking at each of the guys, I come to realize they all thought the same. They thought I was weak and didn't want me in the field with them. I thought they trusted me, I was their little sister. We had each other's backs.

Not letting the tears fall in front of them, I turn on my heels. Racing towards the house, I slam the front door as hard as I could. The splintering of wood did nothing to derail my train of thoughts or my aching heart.

I would show them. I would prove to them I wasn't weak. I was a pure black wolf after all. There weren't too many of us still alive.

How could I get out of his order? Only another Alpha could break Anthony's order. His father wouldn't do that for me. He loved me like a daughter, but would side with his son on this. I may run with the guys on normal days, but when it came to danger, I was held back. They didn't want to see me hurt or in pain.

They didn't realize they were the ones putting me in pain. Not being able to help them out tore me to pieces. I would blame myself if one of them got injured or...worse. If one of them were to be killed I would die inside knowing that if I was out there helping maybe that brother wouldn't have died.

Yes, I consider them all brothers, well maybe not Ant, but that was for another day.

Pacing back and forth I try and come up with an idea.

Then it hit me; my mate.

He was an alpha right? If I got him to override Anthony's order, I could race towards the guys and help out.

I of course wasn't going to tell Roarke I would be racing off to do battle. He would get me out of the pack house and take me to his. I would then be stuck in his pack house. Which could be a good thing or bad thing; I wouldn't find out until I moved in with him.

Picking up my phone, I click to his name. Yes, I found out his number. Well I didn't, Ant had my parents find it out. I stole it from Ant when he was out of the house.

Pressing the green call button on my phone, I bring it to my ear. Listening to the phone ring, I take a seat on the edge of my bed. It didn't go through my head that I was actually calling my mate. I was going to ask him to release me from my packs house.

Before I could think about hanging up a voice answered, "Hello"?

I couldn't speak, what do I say? "Umm..."

"Alexis?" The voice was male, maybe a young boy.

What the? How did they know it was me?

"This is Alexis right? My Alpha's mate?"