Let It Snow/Bad Batch

Being stuck in your cozy home didn't seem like such a bad thing at first. But being stuck inside with five rowdy men and an easily bored child proved to make the situation difficult. So, to keep your sanity intact, you kept them busy.

Wrecker and Omega were sent outside, wanting to play in the snow. Hunter then offered to keep an eye on the two. Tech was kept occupied with a gingerbread house you bought before their visit. Echo was helping you with dinner, and Crosshair was Crosshair, keeping to himself and pretending as though he didn't care about the rest of you.

The door opened, filling the home with Wrecker's booming laugh and a chilly winter breeze. Wrecker began bounding into the kitchen, ready for a warm meal, until he was stopped by Echo's scolding.

"Boots off at the door!" he told off from his spot by the sink, pointing accusingly with a soapy spoon.

"Sorry, I forgot," Wrecker responded sheepishly.

You laughed quietly to yourself, starting to dish plates for the three of them. They accepted them greedily before sitting down beside Tech, who was shielding his gingerbread house.

"Thank you!" Omega chirped out followed by a chorus of thanks from the others.

"You're welcome," you called from the kitchen, gathering ingredients to start on dessert.

"Aren't you four going to eat?" Hunter asked.

"We already did. We grew tired of waiting for all of you to be done outside," Tech stated, eyes never leaving the project in front of him.

"You could have asked us to finish up," Omega said, poking at her food.

"Don't worry about it," you reassured, "We didn't want to spoil your fun."

You began measuring out your ingredients, double checking what the recipe called for before dumping it in the bowl.

Suddenly standing from the table, Omega rushed to your side, "Oh! Can I help?"

"Are you done eating?"

She nodded eagerly.

"Okay, help Echo clean up your dish and get changed into something warm, then you can."

"Okay!" she called, rushing to get her tasks done.

"Hey! I wanna help!" Wrecker cried.

You grinned, "I'm sure Tech would much prefer your help."

"Absolutely not," he said, skillfully adding candy to the roof of the house, "I'm almost done and have created an exact replica of what the box pictures. Wrecker would simply destroy all my work."

"Aw. Can I at least have a piece of candy?"

"Yes. I have saved this one piece specifically for you."

Wrecker cheered, wasting no time in eating the treat.

Your little helper then reappeared, cleaned up, and ready to do as you asked.

"Okay, can you mix this together so I can get the next ingredient?"

"Yup!" she replied, grabbing the whisk and happily mixing away.

Getting the eggs out, you got to work cracking them open and letting the yolk fall into the bowl with everything else. Omega continued to stir but slowed her pace to watch your every move with fascination.

The noise of the boys began to drown out as you and Omega continued on. Explaining what each ingredient's purpose was while adding it in. She soaked in every word you said, asking questions so she could learn more.