Chapter 4: The Last Picture Show (Part 1)

JUGHEAD VO: It's been a week since the discovery of Jason Blossom's body

But his death is not the first, nor would it be the last casualty that the town of Riverdale would suffer. The Twilight Drive-In where I work, my home away from home, a piece of town history, is closing for good, just when we needed a place to escape to the most.
   With Sheriff Keller knocking on every door and neighbor suspecting neighbor, Riverdale, every day that passes, is becoming more like Salem during the witch trials. And meanwhile, the girl next door, our friendly neighborhood Hitchcock blonde, Betty Cooper, was wrestling with the knowledge that her best friend, Archie Andrews, was caught up in a forbidden romance.

- - - - COOPER HOME/BETTY'S ROOM - - - -
    Betty is in her room, writing in her diary, as she's still trying to process the news that Dilton Doiley told her, Jughead and Peter yesterday that Archie and Ms.Grundy was at Sweet Water River, on 4th of July, together.

Betty VO: "Dear Diary, Sheriff Keller doesn't know what I know, that Riverdale High's music teacher, Geraldine Grundy, was at Sweetwater River the morning Jason Blossom went missing, and that since Archie was also there, they could have been there together."

- - RIVERDALE HIGH/PHOTO LAB-DARK ROOM - -
   Meanwhile, at Riverdale High, Peter is also trying to process the news of Archie and Ms.Grundy. He was I the dark room, in the photo lab, processing his photos while also recording his personal thoughts, on his tape recorder.

Peter VO: Peter's Web, Day 139. It's hard to believe what Dilton is saying, about Archie and Grundy. Maybe he's trying to save face and flip that blame on someone else. Or maybe he is telling the truth and Archie and Grundy are... together. Honestly, and it's sad to say, it's not the weirdest thing I've heard.

                       - - - - POP's DINER - - - -
    Later that night Betty, Jughead, Kevin, Gwen, Harry and Veronica are all at POP's Diner as Jughead rants about the Twilight Drive-In closing.

Jughead: The Drive-In closing is just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale... No, forget Riverdale, in the coffin of the American dream. As the godfather of indie cinema, Quentin Tarantino, likes to say...

Kevin: Please, God, no more Quentin Tarantino references.

Jughead: What? I'm pissed. And not just about losing my job.The Twilight Drive-In should mean something to us. People should be trying to save it.

Veronica: In this age of Netflix and VOD, do people really want to watch a movie in a car? I mean, who even goes there?

Gwen: People who want to buy crack.

Jughead: And cinephiles, and car enthusiasts. Right, Bets?

Betty: Totally.

As the six friends continue this discussion, Peter walks in and then joins them at the booth.