Chapter 2: A Touch of Evil (Part 2)

- - - - POP'S CHOCK'LIT SHOPPE- - - -   Meanwhile at POP's diner, it's a busy with Lunch rush that afternoon and May is hard at work taking orders

   Meanwhile at POP's diner, it's a busy with Lunch rush that afternoon and May is hard at work taking orders. As she heads behind the counter, the bell chimes from the front door catches her attention. But walking through the door, she sees a familiar face, Hermione Lodge. Someone she hasn't seen since High School.

Hermione Lodge: May Parker?!

May Parker: Hermione Gomez! As I live and breath. How've you been?

Hermoine Lodge: it's Lodge now.

May Parker: Oh, that's right. Sorry, I totally forgot. What brings you down here?

Hermione Lodge: Well, I should be asking you the same thing. Is Ben here with you?

May Parker: No, he isn't. He died a couple of months ago.

Hermione Lodge: Oh my God, May. I'm so sorry. Believe me, I didn't know....

May Parker: Don't worry, it's okay.

As May was saying this, she immediately thought back to that awful night, where her husband died. She's trying her best to get the image of Ben's dead body lying in the middle of the living room floor.

May Parker[cont.] Now, it's your turn. What brings you down to Riverdale?

Hermione Lodge: Well, I don't know if you heard. But after Hiram got arrested, and basically losing everything, I felt it was an opportunity to get me and my daughter, Veronica, away from the city and...I guess, comeback home.

May Parker: You and me both.

May then grabs Hermione's hand. She is doing her best of being a good friend and try to be the only "normal" person, in Riverdale.

May Parker[cont.]: So, what would you like to order?

Hermione Lodge: Actually, I came by for another reason. I was wondering if you could help me, with something.

Mays eyebrow than raises. What on earth could May Parker do to help Hermione Lodge? She wondered.

- - - -RIVERDALE HIGH/OUTSIDE CAFETERIA- - - -
    Meanwhile, back at school, Gwen, Betty, Kevin and Veronica are headed to lunch, while also discussing what Moose wanted with Kevin during Science Class

Gwen: So, what did Moose want?

Kevin: Oh, my God, I don't even think he knows. I mean, I am devastatingly handsome in that classic, pre-accident Montgomery Clift kind of way, and sexuality is fluid, but can someone named Moose actually be that fluid?

Veronica: Okay, well, I ship it.

Kevin: Well, of course you would. You're a big city girl with loose morals.

There is a bit of an awkward silence between the four, Kevin instantly regret the comment but Gwen didn't mind in fact, she felt Veronica probably deserved that jab.