Chapter: 1 The De'vils Victory

*sunlight peaks over the horizon as the storm subsidies*

*perched upon the dock Dolly staring out into the bay*

*unmoving*

*with bloodshot eye's the young dalmatian waits for what felt like days looking for a ship that will never return*

*a police officer walks over to the dalmatian and picks her up, startled by this Dolly looks up and see's it's Pearl's human, Dolly looks around for P.C. Pearl and finds her being taken into a horse trailer, Dolly worms herself lose then jumps out of the officer's grip running over to Pearl, surprising the humans as the dalmatian jumps onto the stretcher embracing the horse* "Pearl!" *her bark coming out raspy while animal control walks up behind Dolly*

"oi! This is a police matter step away from the dog." *the police officer grabs animal control and anyone else's attention near the trailer as he commands and animal control steps away from Dolly* "take the dalmatian to the same animal care facility with my horse." *the officer states before getting into a police vehicle* "yes, sir!" *one of the Jr. officer's replies before Pearl's handler walked away, while they load up both Pearl and Dolly into the trailer while Dolly watches them as the doors close before turning back to Pearl* "are you okay Pearl?" *her sore throat barely making her voice audible* "i'm okay Dolly" *Pearl takes in a breath* "just a little winded is all" *she lets a small chuckle before recomposing herself* "i'm sorry for your loss Dolly" *tears welled up in Dolly's eye's* "my family is gone Pearl!" *tears run down the dalmatian's soaked fur* "Mum, Dad, Dylan, Dizzy, Dee Dee...and"

*the world around the young dalmatian comes to a crawl and the reality of the situation sinks in*

"...Dorothy..."

*Dolly collapses to the floor letting out a long and painful howl*

*Dolly's howling ceases as her vocal cords give way and her heart becomes a void*

*before long the trailer comes to a stop and the doors open shortly after, Pearl tries to comfort Dolly as she lays down in the fetal position crying for her dead family.*

*the stretcher gets taken out and they get taken into the animal care facility, a veterinarian takes Dolly away from Pearl and both are taken into separate rooms, Dolly receives a medical exam then a bath before being placed in a cage with a food and water bowl, Dolly watches the vet walk away before laying down facing away from the cage door*

*days pass by and Pearl's human comes to the facility* "hello officer how may we help you today?" *the front desk clerk asks looking up from what she was doing and fully addressing the police officer* "i came to check up on my horse Pearl and a dalmatian that came in 3 days ago" *the police officer explains to the lady and she checks the records* "okay, follow me officer" *she says as she stands up with a clipboard and takes the police officer to a back door* "Pearl is right through here" *the lady says as she opens the door for the officer*

*Pearl's human walks in and greets his horse* "Pearl! How is my favorite police horse doing?" *he says with open arms and smile on his face, Pearl blushes and whinnies a bit excited to see her human once again* "Pearl will be ready to leave tomorrow" *the veterinarian says as the officer walks up and pets Pearl* "oh uhh, if you don't mind me asking what is your name?" *the officer asks turning his gaze to the vet* "my name is Lily." *the vet looks up from her clipboard and locks eye's with the police officer* "Lily? mines Oliver and i hope you take good care of Pearl here she is the station's top police horse!" *the officer states with an upbeat in his voice* "don't worry Oliver, officer Pearl will be well looked after, we have the best vet's and" *Lily puts her clipboard up to the side of her cheek and pretends to whisper* "we have the best apples in all of London" *letting out a small chuckle before bringing the clipboard back down to her side* "ooohh! you hear that Pearl they have the best apples in all of London!" *he repeats back turning to Pearl rubbing her forehead* "i did hear!" *Pearl taps her hoof and she nods her head whineying excitingly as both Oliver and Lily laugh a bit before the Officer walks over to veterinarian*