Escape (Part 2)

Sooo happy to be of school finally once again comment if you want me to continue uploading as I’m not quite sure on this story but what the heck I’m going to stop boring you and get some ice-cream. YAYYY ICE-CREAM!!!!!!!!!!

Escape (Part 2)

Having Frank is defiantly going to change my plans but it’ll be good to have some company even if it does make it twice as dangerous. I wonder what will happen to the little guy if the Dracs ghost me and he’s left behind. But there’s no longer a choice if there ever was one as it’s this or having him become a zombie or a Drac (and that’s never going to be good).

I took my time walking back over to where Carrie and Frank were talking.

“You’ll have to be a good boy now okay and do what the nice lady tells you, won’t you?” I could hear Carrie’s voice crack at least three times during that one sentence and my heart ached for her. She knows that life as a killjoy is never easy and for Frank it will be hell as who knows when we’ll get food or where we’ll sleep. But she also knows this is the best thing she can do for the little guy as otherwise he might turn out like his father, a Drac with laser beams on the mind (heartless monster if you ask me).

When Carrie looked up at me I could see the tears in her eyes about to brim over and as they stood up a tear broke free. As she ruffled Frank’s short blond hair his bright blue eyes looked at me in confusion. He mustn’t have realised what I’m about to do. Take him away from his parents (he wouldn’t really mind about his dad as he’s rarely at home), his home and safety.

When we (me and Frank) got to my car we drove for an hour in silence. Then he must have got extremely bored or extremely confused about why we were driving away from the city.

“What’s your name?” asked Frank. I had already decided that I wasn’t going to tell him my real name only my killjoy name as it’s safer in case he became like his father.

“Electric Thunder.” I replied.

“That’s a funny name.” He said holding back a high pitched laugh.

“It’s not my real name it’s a killjoy name, little man, it’s like a code name and it’s not that weird. I know a person that calls herself ‘Confusion relative’ but she’s cool and has a little boy with her. He’s around your age.”

“Okay that name is weirder. What’s a killjoy?”

“That, little man, is a bit like an outlaw. But mostly we’re just people that like having personalities and not being zombies.”

“Don’t call me little man.” He snapped at me.

“You’re not even at my waist so there is no way in hell you could make me... Little man.”

“Don’t call me that, it makes me feel small.” He wined

“I’ll make you a deal. When you grow up to my waist then I won’t call you little man, Okay?”

“Okay!!!” he replied enthusiastically. God this kids gonna be fun. Mental note never let him, under any circumstances, have sugar.