someone from the past (2)

jennie 

my mom called me, suggesting a weekend getaway so i had no choice but to bring my car on the garage the next day. lisa came out from the side as soon as i arrived. napatigil ako sa paglalakad para tingnan siya. she's wearing another coveralls today. nothing i didn't see the first time but what caught me off guard is the blinding smile she greeted me with.

"hi." tumango ako pabalik at binigyan siya nang tipid na ngiti.

"my car's outside. will it take long?"

"depends. check ko muna."

"you should do it then so that i'll know kung mahihintay ko."

"are you in a rush? pwede ko namang ipadala na lang sa clinic mo mamaya."

sabi niya habang naglalakad kami palapit sa kotse ko. i felt lisa's eyes on me probably waiting for my response.

"is that part of your services?" i directed my gaze at her, lifting my right eyebrow in question. napaiwas siya ng tingin.

"not really. pero—"

"then no need. makakaabala pa ako sa work mo." sabi ko sakanya. hindi na nakasagot si lisa. i let her open the hood of my car and watch her examine the engines.

"saglit lang 'to. may papalitan lang." lisa concluded after a few moments and then shut the hood close.

"i'll wait for it then. i have some place to go later anyway so i need my car."

lisa and two other guys pushed my car inside. lisa offered a seat so i sat and crossed my legs, watching her work.

i absentmindedly bite my lower lip watching her arms flex. i can't deny she looks hot all sweaty and messy while fixing my car.

i've never imagine i'll see lisa in this situation ever. i was head over heels over her back in highschool. she was just so charming and dreamy back then. tall, talented thai girl with a cute smile that's why i couldn't help but to get attracted.

hindi na talaga siya katulad ng dati. but i can't lie that lisa still has that pull. mas tumangkad siya. her lanky arms before has a bit of muscles now. she dyed her hair gray, the top half always tied into a bun. her chubby cheeks' gone now and was replaced by a defined jawline.

"hello? yes ito po siya." i snap out of my reverie when i heard lisa's voice. i didn't even notice her phone ringing because of my thoughts.

"what? sige po. pupunta na ako." napaayos ako ng upo ng marinig ang urgency sa boses ni lisa. ibinulsa niya iyong phone niya at pinulot 'yung towel sa gilid para punasan 'yung kamay niya.

"okay na 'to. try mo na lang. sorry kailangan ko kasi umalis." sabi niya sa akin.

"is it about luca?" hindi ko napigilang itanong. she nod in answer.

"the teacher said he fell on the slide so i need to go check on him." she filled me in and remove her coveralls. she left and disappeared on the door to the left to probably change.

no jennie. don't meddle. it's not your business.

i went inside my car to check kung pwede na ito. the engine roared to life so i sigh in relief. i drove it out of the garage and parked outside.

what am i doing?

napatingin ako sa side mirror and saw lisa came out while talking to someone on the phone.

"oo. papunta pa lang sa bus stop." nang marinig ko ang sinabi niya napapikit ako. i let out a deep breathe before making an abrupt decision. i exit my car and yell at her even before she can go far.