Day 7

Today is our last day here. Grandma is sad that we have to leave her again. If only she agrees to come with us then there will be no problem anymore but she doesn't want to leave this house. It's too important for her to just leave it here.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us, Grandma? Next week's my graduation; don't you want to celebrate with us?"

She just smile and patted me in the shoulder. "Happy graduation in advance, honey. But Grandma wants to rest than to travel."

I pouted. "But Grandma..."

She smiles at me sweetly. "I know you will be happy without me. Don't worry, I will send someone to give you my graduation present."

I finally smiled. I know Grandma will not disappoint me. She must have planned something to surprise me. She knows that her presence is a very nice graduation gift. "Okay. I understand."

"Claire, are your things already in the car?" mom asked. She is busy putting our things in the car.

"Yes, Mom. I put it along with Annie's," I replied.

On the other hand, Annie and Jack is Missing in Action. They are with me a while ago but easily escape when Mom went upstairs. They are keeping a secret.

"So, what are those things in your room? Are you going to leave it here?"

"What things?" I already put my luggage in the car. Ah! "That's my hand carry, Mom. I will bring it with me."

"Put those downstairs. You might forget it." Then she went in the kitchen to cook our early lunch.

I do as I am told. I went upstairs to bring down my things. When I arrive in my room, I am shocked to see the note Jack gave me under my bed. Why is this here? I immediately put it inside my bag.

I scan my room for more suspicious things. I spot the open box under my bed. Why on earth my things are scattered? Who could have done this? I immediately gather my childhood things and pull it on an open space.

All of it is my childhood memories. My memories with him. It's been a long time since I last saw these. Our drawings are all here. Including the last drawing he gave me, his remembrance that I even put in a frame.

"I met him again the other day. He asked if he could see your childhood things so I let him because I know you will do the same thing," Grandma spoke behind me.

He went here when I was fire dancing. That's why I can't find them both in the audience. I should have known. Grandma is the only person who knows him well aside from me.

I turn around and ask, "Did he get something?"

She is thinking deeply. "No, I think. Just look at those and left."

"I think so, too," I agreed. He's not that type person. He'll surely ask permission if he did.

I fix my things and started putting it back in the box. I wonder why I did not even notice it that day and yesterday. I must have been too tired to notice the mess in my room since then.

"I guess I should leave now. Someone wants to talk to you," Grandma said.

"Who?" I asked, still busy cleaning my things.

Grandma doesn't answer me instead I hear her footsteps went outside until it's gone.

Someone clear his throat. I know already who he is.

"Come in Jack. Are you scared of me now?"

He walked inside my room and stand behind me. "I just found no courage to face you."