Day 4

The one I hated the most in waking up is when I was awaken by a loud sound or when there are a lot of shouting around. Sadly, that is exactly what's happening to me now

I cover my ears with my pillow. Can't they shout downstairs? I am still sleeping here for crying out loud!

There is a knock on my door. I purposely didn't open it. I still want to sleep and that won't happen went I allow anyone to enter my room now.

"Claire! Claire! Wake up! Open this door!" Annie shouted outside.

"Go away!" That's what I want to say but it came out like, 'hmp, hmmp!'

"What?" she says. "Just stand up and open the door. I have something to tell you."

I didn't respond to that. I tried to sleep again but she just knocked and knocked and knocked on the door.

"I won't stop until you open this. You can't sleep again."

"Quit it, Annie!"

"You need to hear this!"

Can't that wait until later? You see, I stay up late last night because his voice keeps replaying on my mind. My mind seems to have memorized the whole scene so it keeps on playing and playing. And now I'm groggy.

I hear the door click. She really is persistent.

"Hey, sleepyhead!" she poke me in the arm. "You need to wake up now. Mom told me that we will go to the plaza today. There is a event or something there according to her."

I removed the pillow on my ear and face her. "Go ahead. I'll just follow later."

She is now seating on the end of my bed. "That won't do. I already told her that but she insisted that we should go there together."

"But I want to sleep more!" I am basically throwing tantrums at her.

She laughed and looked at me. "What did you do last night, huh?"

I blushed and turn away. "N-nothing!"

"Nothing? So why are you blushing?" I can sense that she is smirking at me right now. She really is persistent when she wants something. But I can let her win this time.

I kick her away which causes her to fall off the bed. "Get out of my room. Just wait for me downstairs. Jeez."

She storm out of my room without a word and slams the door behind her while massaging her behind. I don't think she's mad at me, pissed maybe. Annie is never been mad at me. Whenever we have a misunderstanding or something we usually talk about it privately. We don't want to involve our family on petty problems.

The plaza is full of people, totally different from what I saw the other day. It has banners hanging above. You can see booths in every direction. There are also vendors on the street selling stuffs. Loud music covers the whole place. The setting looks like a fiesta.

"I thought fiesta's long over?" I ask Mom.

"It's a fair, dear." She taps me on the shoulder and walk away. "Let's go there," she heads towards a booth that is full of silverwares. Annie and Dad followed her.

I don't understand why we have to here together. We can go here alone whenever we want. We're going to split in groups later anyways.

I feel someone is pulling my shirt. I look at it only to see Steph putting at me.

"What's wrong, buddy?" I sit in front of her to level on her.

"Ice cream," she pointed a nearby ice cream vendor.