Day 3

I woke up feeling extra happy and energized. I even volunteered to cook our breakfast. Not just to stop Jack from doing it but also to share the happiness I am feeling right now.

Yesterday feels like a dream. Mr. Smiling face is my dream comes true. He makes my dream come true. He is a knight in shining armor ready to save me in distress. He is the prince charming I've been waiting for. He is—

"Are you planning to kill us with that?"

And here comes my darkest nightmare. The dark knight who kidnapped me. The evil prince I hated ever since.

"This one's for you, Jack."

I fry another egg and put the product of my grudge against Jack along with the other egg. I'll make sure he will get this super fried egg.

"I appreciate your care but no thanks," he says.

"You will eat this whether you like it or not," then I laugh wickedly.

I deliver our breakfast into the dining table where they are all seating and chatting. They all stop in their track upon seeing me.

"What?"

Someone must have put something on me. I look back at them when I found nothing wrong with me.

"Care to share?" I asked. I sit on my chair and put egg and fried rice on their plates.

"Whose shirt is that?" Dad asked me back.

I look at my shirt. At his shirt. I automatically smile at the thought of him.

"It's my friend's," I said and wink at my father.

"Do you sleep with your friend?" Jack butt in.

"Sometimes yes, but this time no, I don't."

"So what happened yesterday?" Annie joins the conversation.

"I went to somewhere far," I said casually. Annie looks at me and I wink at her.

 "And? How did that even end up by you wearing that shirt? Wearing only that shirt?!" Jack is basically shouting at me.

Dad looks intently at him. "Don't you think you are overreacting as a friend?"

I cannot help but smirk. Dad thinks we are just friends. Just friends. They still have no idea what we are. No, what we were. He just falls silent and looks at me.

"What happened, dear?" Mom seems to be interested In the conversation as well.

"Fine. So yeah, I went to somewhere far yes—"

"Where exactly?" Jack interrupted.

If only looks can kill, Jack is now laying only the floor. "Just somewhere far. And shut up and let me finish."

I sighed and continue. "So again, I went to somewhere far yesterday. I met a guy, the owner of this shirt. He invited me for lunch I happily accepted and we just talked the whole afternoon. We decided to swim afterwards and that's how I ended up wearing his shirt."

I purposely summarize the story to keep Dad from asking more questions. But Jack seems to be ruining my plan.

"Why don't you just go home and get decent clothes after you swim?"

"Jack, this shirt is decent enough for me. And how many times do I have to tell you that I am somewhere far. Do you expect me walk outside with soaking clothes, huh?"

"You should have brought spare clothes with you!"

"It's a surprise swimming! What do you expect?"