Chapter 6: New place, New People

February 24th, 2023

Location: Copenhagen, Denmark, Y/N house

Time: 11:30 AM CTE

POV: Y/N 

Today was the day, I would be picked up and flown to Herefordshire England to be a part of Rainbow Six officially. I could feel butterflies in my stomach, this was one of the largest steps in my career that I've had for a while. I then got a call from my mother which I answered.

Mom & Dad: Hej Y/N!

Y/N: Hej Mom! And his dad there on the phone also?

Dad: You would be correct!

Y/N: Hej! What do you 2 need?

Mom: We just wanted to say hi before you go off to Hereford! We are very proud of you and we love you very much!

Y/N: Thanks, mom! Love you guys too!

Dad: Well we won't hold you up for much longer, just stay safe alright!

Y/N: Yes far! 

Mom: Alrighty, make sure to face time us when you get there and get settled alright?

Y/N: Alright, bye!

Mom & Dad: Bye! 

I hang up and check my watch, it was currently 11:45

Y/N: Dang, time goes by slowly!

With only 15 minutes until I would be picked up, I went over all of my gear, one large rucksack, 2 duffle bags, and gun bags with my guns inside. I then remembered to bring some ammo, so I quickly grabbed an ammo box out of my garage and 4 ziplock bags and went to my basement. I then proceeded to fill up the bags. One was 5.56, another 7.62, some 9mm, and some 50. AE, all the calibers my guns took. I then shoved the bags into the box and closed it,  there was then a knock at the door, I look at the time and saw that it was 12:00 PM on the dot. 

Y/N: Damm, they don't miss a beat do they?

I then sprinted up the stairs and opened the door to be met by a man in a suit and brown hair, he also had a mustache the same color.

Warden: Hello, I'm Collinn "Warden" McKinley from Rainbow, I'm guessing that you're Y/N?

Y/N: How'd you guess *smirks*?

Warden: *smiling* I don't know... maybe it's the fact that you're just a little taller than the average person, but just by a little...

Y/N: Yeah just by a little...

Warden and Y/N: *Laughing*

Y/N: Well I'll start taking my stuff out to the car, it'll be a while so get comfortable...

Warden: Oh, I can help you with that!

Y/N: No, it's fin-

And before I could even say anything, he took the duffle bags and proceeded to walk to the car with them.

Y/N: Oh, nice! At least he didn't grab the gun bags.

I then took the gun bags and then proceeded to walk to the car with them, me and warden repeated this process until all the bags were loaded into the car.

Warden: Well, that's everything right?

Y/N: Yep! That's all!

Warden: let's get this show on the road then!

We then both climb into the car and Warden turns on the ignition.

Warden: We tried to give you plenty of legroom, so are you good back there?