Chapter 19: Fire

p.s. there is blood in this chapter. It is not blood play but there is blood
p.p.s. if there's mistakes -my bad.

°°°

"Lord," Louis chased a lizard that had entered his home due to the plants. "Come here, come here." He ran after the small creature, slowing down when the animal did. "Okay... stay." He reached down quickly.

"Mama!" 

Louis jumped, missing the lizard and catching air instead. He sighed, he'd been chasing it for twenty minutes now. He sat on the floor in a slump, turning around with a large frown, "yes."

Abraham's smile fell, he quickly put down his new puzzle box. "Mama..." He looked down, "bad Abby..."

Louis chuckled, "no baby, come here." He smiled, "come."

Abraham ran, box shaking with every step. "Why mama is upset?"

Louis looked around, not seeing the lizard, "There is a lizard that I have been chasing for a while and he got away." He kissed Abraham's nose, "it is fine."

Abraham nodded seriously, handing Louis his puzzle box, "I find for mama." He ran around the plants and flowers, peeking behind things.

Louis hummed, hugging the box, "so sweet..."

The day had been full of cleaning –cleaning up plant and flower debris –finding feathers as well. He was waiting for Harry to get here so they could remove some from the apartment, there was just way too many things and his apartment was not big enough. Something deep in his chest wanted to keep the plant life –but it was cut short after two bees, three snails, and a lizard occupied his space.

The week had been extremely rainy. Harry was somewhere looking for something as a gift for Louis for the week of fire. Louis was anxious. He was not a virgin but he felt like one. Harry was always so gentle and kind with him, as if he would break. He couldn't imagine how their sex would be.

Louis was worried...

About becoming pregnant. He wanted another child, he really did. Unfortunately, he probably wouldn't be giving Harry any kids anytime soon. Harry said they would have children, and what the alpha said –he meant. But Louis had a hard time producing a child; what if he couldn't? What if Harry grew upset and annoyed? He didn't find it likely, but people change.

Louis was worried...

If they went back to Alaska, Harry cannot go back to the military. It is not something he's brought up, simply because he knows how Harry will react. He doesn't want the alpha to feel like he is putting some type of pressure on him. Harry wants a child because Harry wants a child; not because he is trying to run away from something.

Louis learned very quickly that Harry ran to things, not away from them.

He didn't want his alpha to leave him one day –leave their building family. Harry couldn't leave. Louis would be strong if he had to, but Harry spoiled him a lot, made him feel like nothing could separate them. Louis believed this, had a strong faith in this. He'd learned independence but Harry ripped that up quickly.

Louis could be alone, mainly for Abraham and himself, but he didn't want to be. He loved Harry, he loved being with him –he didn't want to be separated.

Louis had been eating fruit every day because he read in a magazine at work that fruit increases the chances of becoming pregnant. It was a load of shit, but Louis would try anyway because it gave him hope.

"Mama!" Abraham screamed, squatting in the corner. "Found lizard!"

Louis got up, putting the box on the table. He kneeled next to his son who had his hands clasped together. "You got him, precious?"