Chapter 4: Bunnies

"It's late," Harry was putting his boots back on, "When is your next day of work?"

Louis leaned against the wall tiredly, eyes soft. "Tomorrow, at eleven. I get out at eight."

Harry nodded, tying up his shoes tight, "okay, I will be here at ten thirty." He stood up, grabbing his coat, bowing his head at Louis. "Thank you for allowing me in your home, I will see you tomorrow."

Louis didn't move, feeling the exhaustion from his lack of sleep. "Thank you, Harry."

Harry only stared.

Louis smiled lazily, "I really appreciate this." He shook his head, "you're really doing me a favor, and I'm in your debt."

"I know how to make steak, potatoes and broccoli -with garlic and butter." Harry blinked at him, "you've done me a favor."

Louis chuckled, folding his arms. "I should be able to pay you, and not with food."

"I don't need money, I have money." Harry grabbed his bag off the floor. "Please just continue teaching me how to cook, that is all I need."

Louis smiled, biting his lip, "Okay Harry."

Harry nodded once before opening the door. "Lock the door."

Louis giggled, "I always do."

"Tomorrow I will install a security alarm on the door."

Louis hugged the door, shaking his head at Harry who now stood outside. "A security system?"

"Yes." Harry had his feet together, arms at his sides. "My responsibility is Abraham, if I feel that it is unsafe here -I will have to make it safe."

Louis covered his mouth, laughing. "Harry -we are safe, it's okay."

Harry took a step forward, getting closer to Louis. "If I can open this door, without a sound, you are not safe. -Lock it." He grabbed the door handle, closing it.

Louis shook a little when he locked the top, then the bottom. He swallowed hard, taking a small step back. He stared closely at the door handle that jiggled to one side then the other. Louis' eyes grew when the locks slowly unlocked without a sound.

He took another step back, stomach dropping.

Harry pushed the door open without a noise. He stood there, lungs breathing out the cold air, arms at his side. Louis shivered at the nippy air.

"I will be installing an alarm security system for the door tomorrow."

Louis hugged himself, nodding quickly, "okay..."

Harry put one foot inside the apartment, grabbing the door. "Go warm up, you're shaking." He bowed his head, "sleep well, Louis."

-

"Mama." Abraham picked up half of his sandwich, looking inside. "Yucky."

Louis was running around the house, looking for his keys. He'd over slept, and it was almost ten thirty.

"Damn." Louis cursed under his breath, running back to the kitchen.

Abraham slid off the chair, running after Louis every time he ran into a different room. "Mama."