Chapter Eight

"Let's get that scroll and go to the tower as fast as we can." Narumi rotated her shoulder's.

"Who put you in charge?" Sakura growled as the group walked further into the forest.

"Hn." Sasuke took a right and when Sakura followed him, Narumi smirked and silently made a permanent Kage Bunshin to travel with them while the real Narumi leapt high up into the trees.

She travelled towards where she sensed Shikamaru's charka was coming from. Moving silently through the trees she kept an eye out for enemy ninja, she spotted Team Eight, using Hinata's Byakugan to find the tower and Akamaru to find another team to fight. Narumi tensed as she leapt across the treetops knowing that Shino's bugs and Akamaru could figure out when she was nearby. She let out a breath of relief as she ducked between some leaves when Shino's head tilted upwards, but didn't indicate that he noticed anything.

Narumi perched on a tree branch and glanced down seeing Shikamaru leaping towards her, his own permanent Kage Bunshin in his place with Ino and Choji.

"Are you ready to seal Gaara?" Narumi signed using ANBU hand signs and Shikamaru nodded. The two took off into the forest, Shikamaru following Narumi as the blonde was a sensory type and could pinpoint where Gaara was located in the forest.

"Down there… Damn his sand just destroyed that team…" Narumi signed wincing at the bloody scene below and the duo dropped down to where the Sand Siblings were standing. Kankuro and Temari automatically dropped into their fighting stances, Temari's hand going to her giant iron fan and Kankuro flexing his fingers ready to use his puppets.

"Whoa, we aren't here to fight." Narumi held his hands up in surrender.

"You, you're… Narumi Uzumaki?" Kankuro didn't relax his stance as he eyes the two distrustfully.

"Mother told me to expect you… I will hold back my sand for as long as I can." Gaara intoned much to the surprise of his siblings.

"I'm going to set up a barrier that will make you immobile and Shikamaru here will use his clan's jutsu to help keep your sand back. Trust us Gaara." Narumi explained truthfully. The redhead Suna ninja tilted his head to the side for a moment before he nodded his ascent.

"Gaara, are you sure?" Temari asked confused.

"Mother assured me Narumi Uzumaki and Shikamaru Nara would not harm me." Gaara said emotionlessly.

"Alright let's hurry then." Narumi fished out a seal and held it between her right index finger and middle finger.

"Activate." The seal glowed Kyuubi red as Narumi slammed it on the ground and a barrier engulfed the area around Gaara and Narumi.

"Alright, Kage Nui [Shadow Stitching]." Shikamaru made the right seal as he knelt on the ground letting his shadow reached out and black tendrils lifted off the ground, wrapping them selves around the future Kazekage and his sand that was trying it's hardest to react to the threat.

"Hurry Nar." Shikamaru gritted out, sweat trickling down the side of his head, his shadows working it's hardest to restrain Gaara's sand that was slowly breaking free of the tendrils and the power of the barrier seal.

"On it." Narumi pulled out another seal and dashed forward, she ducked under a stream of sand and made it to Gaara. With one hand Narumi tore the clothing blocking Gaara's stomach, exposing the horribly created seal.

"FUJIN!" She shouted as she slammed the new seal onto Gaara's skin as Shikamaru's jutsu wavered more and another stream of sand sliced at Narumi's cheek giving her a cut that matched the one she got from Anko from the last time they did the Chunin exams. Red and blue charka erupted from between the two and swirled like a maelstrom contained inside of the barrier and Shikamaru dropped the jutsu and breathed heavily. He wiped the sweat off his forehead and shakily stood back up on his feet.