Chapter Three

"Okay I NEED to get Shuriken Kage Bunshin [Shuriken Shadow Clones] down by the time we leave to meet our teams." Narumi stated as she and Shikamaru finished their warm up the next morning.

"Let me get out of the way then, who knows how this is going to go." Shikamaru focused and slowly climbed up a tree for a better vantage point and to get out of the line of fire.

"You're charka control is getting back to normal, lucky." Narumi pouted as Shikamaru settled on a tree branch.

"Not all of us have massive charka pools." Shikamaru called down and Narumi just huffed as she made the correct hand seal.

"Shuriken Kage Bunshin!" Narumi called out and around 100 Shuriken's appeared and struck around the training ground. The Kage Bunshin's practicing RasenShuriken and Hiraishin, dodged out of the way before going back to work.

"Once more... Shuriken Kage Bunshin!" Narumi tried once she let the others disappear. This time she narrowed it down to 50, she tried once more and got it to a solid 20.

"You're control is getting better, but still needs work." Shikamaru commented as he dropped down from the tree.

"Hey, I can keep the RasenShuriken going now!" Narumi commented as the four clones poofed away. "How are your jutsu's coming?"

"Kage Nui [Shadow Stitching]." Shikamaru's shadow expanded and broke off from the ground and wrapped around a fallen tree's trunk and moved it around before Shikamaru let it drop.

"I'm still unsure about my elemental justu's." Shikamaru commented and Narumi nodded in agreement.

"Try a Raiton [Lightning] one." Narumi suggested and Shikamaru nodded. The Nara's main was Katon [Fire], but he was good at Doton [Earth] and Ration [Lightning]. His least usable elements were Futon [Wind] and Suiton [Water].

"Raiton: Gian [Lightning Style: False Darkness]." Shikamaru made the snake seal and the clouds above turned dark and lightning struck down into the ground like a spear. The ground around it became charred and scorches marks webbed outwards.

"Impressive. I think your charka control is almost back to normal." Narumi whistled impressed as the sky returned to normal.

"It took a lot out of me to make sure it didn't go crazy." Shikamaru admitted, wiping his forehead as he fell back onto his butt breathing heavily.

"Didn't Kakuzu use that?" Narumi asked curiously.

"Yeah, I stole it from him." Shikamaru smirked and Narumi laughed loudly. "I may not be a Copy-Nin, but it seemed like a good attack to have pointed the opposite way of me."

"I remember you using it on the frontlines... It took out a whole row of reanimated sound ninja." Narumi said slowly sitting next to her best friend.

"Yeah, but it didn't save Shino." Shikamaru said bitterly as he drew his knees up to his chest.

"Hey, don't dwell on that... We can change it all, they are still here." Narumi said gently.

"I know... It's hard enough having to focus so hard to keep these elemental jutsu's in check, but the memories of the last time I used each one keep coming back." Shikamaru shook his head.

"I know Shika, but we survived everything they threw at us and we came back to make sure everything will work out. Now give me some space I want to try a Futon jutsu."

Shikamaru nodded and retreated to a safe distance, back up in his tree.

"Futon: Reppusho [Wind Style: Gale Palm]." Narumi held her hands out and a small-scale gale wind was created between her outstretched palms, Narumi breathed out. She balanced it with one hand; her other hand drew out a Kunai and then dropped it into the gale. She took the gale into both her hands again before she thrusted them towards a tree at the end of the clearing. She watched, as the Kunai became a blur of black as it sliced it's way through the tree trunk. The Gale force Kunai severed the trunk in half before it embedded itself in the trunk of the tree behind it.